SCAM car sales website

Soldato
Please wait for a site operator to respond... Operator Maria Diaz Ramos has joined the chat.
Maria Diaz Ramos: Hello,how may i help you today?
91.202.136.XXX: Goood morning sir
91.202.136.XXX: I really want that 1.4l Vauxhal Meriva
Maria Diaz Ramos: Morning
91.202.136.XXX: has it got Full service history?
Maria Diaz Ramos: The vehicle has been inspected by our certified inspectors along with all its papers.
The vehicle has never had any accidents.It has never been stolen. The service book is up to date. There is no outstanding finance or debt on this vehicle. We confirm that all these have been checked by our certified inspectors and we are responsible for any discrepancy that may occur.
91.202.136.XXX: Exxxxcellent
91.202.136.XXX: How are vehicles paid for?
Maria Diaz Ramos: Please apply online if you are interested in purchasing the vehicle. You have a "Buy this Vehicle now" link located just above the vehicle photos. You will find all the necessary information.
91.202.136.XXX: I have an issue in that my bank has informed me there is a pigeon in my bank account and i must pay for the car via Western Union. Also, i assume you ship to Nigeria?
91.202.136.XXX: I can't wait for my uncle's sisters cousin to get his 1.4l Meriva of powah.
The visitor has set the name as "Mike Hunt".
Maria Diaz Ramos: No western union no nigeria bye
Mike Hunt: oh

Permabanned
Operator Alan Clark has joined the chat.
Alan Clark: Hello, how may I help you?
x.x.x.x: Hi, I'm part of the Metropolitan Police Internet Fraud department, I wondered if you had a contact number I could call you on.
Alan Clark: Yes of course please provide me your id number and your name and I will provide you the sales manager number in order to speak with him
x.x.x.x: I'm not a uniformed officer hence I have no ID number. It's DCI Hamilton based at New Scotland Yard.
Alan Clark: Our phone number is listed on the website. Please check the "About US" section. Nevertheless, we have hundreds of people calling daily and the waiting time is very long. Also, in order to keep records of our transactions we rather communicate with our customers by email or live chat. It’s a lot faster too. The email and live chat support allows us to handle more volume in a cost effective manner so that our thousands of clients can receive the service they deserve without having their fees affected by costly phone support.
x.x.x.x: Please can you provide me with a different number to the customer service one, I have tried that one. I require a direct number be it an office or mobile one
Alan Clark: Right now we are upgrading the lines and they are working on it;I guess they can fix it within 24 hours.So please get back on live help or email us.
Alan Clark: Thank you
Operator Alan Clark has left the chat.
The chat is ended.

You should have seen how quickly he ended the chat before I could reply again :D

Man of Honour
The original one is back up again. Going to go on chat and send them a link to the website that bounces the window around the screen.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Their live chat program will probably show the refferer URL for people clicking links from the forum thread. If you want fun I'd suggest copy and pasting the link :)

Permabanned
me: Hello Alan.
me: I placed an order nearly a week ago, and I haven't heard anything back since making payment.
Alan Clark: order number?
me: I cannot seem to reach anyone on the supplied telephone number
me: 4003
Alan Clark: have you asked for the payment details?
Alan Clark: there is no such an order in the data base
me: oh
me: that is worrying
me: could you confirm the payment details to make sure I've sent it to the right account?
Alan Clark: you have already sent the payment?
me: yes!
Alan Clark: impossible...if you want to make jokes try elswhere pls
Operator Alan Clark has left the chat.
The chat is ended.

It seems that as soon as I mentioned the payment had already been made, he knew it was a wind-up.

Back
Top Bottom