Shiny - Streacom DA6XL

Associate
On one hand this is not exactly a brand new build, on the other hand I am only stripping down anything that‘s about to be moved or re-plumbed or rewired.

Tq9VTvB.jpeg

which went well…

j1izoFy.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The plan is just to make one small change, that means re-routing the entire loop
OW8mJhC.jpeg

Before starting I made the obligatory prayers at the altar of the Aqua goddess…
nNbQT4D.jpeg

This is how I’m planning on cable managing without 3D printing, but in order to support everything I need, it fits in only one position.

So on with rebuild. First, moving the IO to the front and dropping the height of the pump
fHhQ5cy.jpeg

So that I can avoid cutting the bends out of the middle of the tube, but rather taking the short section plus the 90
spEIQuS.jpeg

Measuring is erm… fun

9bIUMEB.jpeg

Associate
OP
A semi-successful day.... currently on Hold with OCuk Sales.

Rigid tubes went in, but the ZMT bend resistance is higher than I would like some smaller radius bends. This is a particular problem for the 90 that has to come down the radiator then turns horizontal under the PSU to the GPU, and its not brilliant on the horizontal fromt the GPU turning 90 to vertical down into memory CPU which was putting pressure on the DDR4.
DdwDFTL.jpeg

So onto plan C, I have 2 spare fixed 90s from the last build and currently all my vertical runs are nickel and the horizontal ones are ZMT, so I'll just contiue that theme.... if I every get through to find out why I got an "Oops" when trying to order the missing extra fixed fittings.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I woz ‘ere
9hl5BrG.jpeg

I now have the final fittings and on to the custom cabling.

NVidia 12 pins are not fun. I did 4 wires before I realised they weren’t going in far enough. I ended up using a sacrificial pin and bare 3 inch off cut of wire to work out how far they should go in. Some masking tape wrapped around and then removed from the plug gave me a template to work from. It’s now going much faster. Let’s hope I don’t run out of heat shrink…
HsMLnHY.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking good!

Really need to try my hand at sleeving. Knowing me though i'll blow something up or blow myself up :cry:.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What are you doing with the custom cabling, just making it shorter to fit in the build better? Looks fantastic, very shiny indeed.
Yes, the normal cables are about 5cm to long, except for the twin 8pin to NVidia 12 pin which was 20cm too long, and needed a whole loop around to fit. There was also a 60cm SATA with 4 plugs which is now one @ 15cm.

I’ve tried to make them exactly the right length, including allowing for bend radius but it’s been an absolute *****. Next time all wires will be the same length.

vpj5acs.jpeg

Associate
OP
It was going really well.

I did an off-chassis build and confirmed all the cables worked, then started doing a final build in the chassis.

Cables managed behind MB
agADQsn.jpeg

Had a few problems with getting the leak test done… I must have damaged an O-ring so I replaced the shortest run with ZMT until I can fix.
n9UTfeh.jpeg

but then success :)
ALan2L1.jpeg

so I filled it all up and … no POST.

I may be some time yet
8MHS3WN.jpeg

Happy new year!!!

Associate
I've never seen a case like this before, I must say it looks incredible. Your attention to detail is outstanding, What case/chassis is it? Superb work and I hope you get it all reassembled and it posts for you in the not too distant future.

Associate
OP
I've never seen a case like this before, I must say it looks incredible. Your attention to detail is outstanding
Thank you.
What case/chassis is it?
It’s the Streacom DA6XL. https://streacom.com/products/da6-mini-itx-case/ or https://www.overclockers.co.uk/stre...pen-frame-steel-pc-case-chrome-ca-062-sr.html

Superb work and I hope you get it all reassembled and it posts for you in the not too distant future.
It’s currently running a 24hr Superflush. So close to done now ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
One thing I shouldn’t have done but I’m really glad I did was to sleeve the FLT80 pump. Since I didn’t have the SATA socket it’s now a 6 pin EPS which filled the last socket on the PSU and avoided any twin wires on the SATA cable.
XnK2Vuk.jpeg

Why shouldn’t? Because I didn’t include it in my original purchase of sleeving … D’oh

Associate
OP
Done.... at least for now.
I'm happy with the results. Yes there were problems getting to this point and some compromises during the build with the need to be WFH after Xmas.
It's running all I need at 4K 60 Ultra, but the itch for an upgrade is always there. ;)

6gMlsu0.png

R5ncBv1.png

m9IPzzb.png

8fCY8Rg.png

And rear view....
qx2tmXU.png

Back
Top Bottom