Shiny - Streacom DA6XL

Soldato
Very nice build mate, you should be over the moon with the result.

I'm loving these compact open air vertical builds and cases at the moment, hope the trend continues.

Don
absolutely fantastic, looking at upgrading soon... not sure what I'm going to do but this might have inspired me a bit, just not sure when I'm going to start it :)

Stelly

Associate
OP
Very nice build mate, you should be over the moon with the result.
I am. It's quite a distraction sitting there all shiny.

I'm loving these compact open air vertical builds and cases at the moment, hope the trend continues.
Me too, while they aren't as tiny as pure SFF, they don't take up much room and use all the free vertical space for something better than just a showbox. Not that I'm changing, but I quite like that new Cooler Master NCore 100 design.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
absolutely fantastic, looking at upgrading soon... not sure what I'm going to do but this might have inspired me a bit, just not sure when I'm going to start it :)

Stelly
Take your time. While it's not in this log, I've actually learned a lot about what wouldn't work and where I wanted things routed, through about 4 prebuilds.

It started this poorly :)
MiZzj7B.png

Soldato
Cracking job so far, trying to hide any cabling would have been a nightmare but luckily you've managed to get all the cables to the correct length so should keep that to a minimum.

Associate
I always enjoy a build log. Today I learnt I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort if I'd thought to terminate my pump directly into the PSU rather than crimping sata terminals... it's so simple... why has it taken so long to realise.
Great job btw and thanks for sharing.

Soldato
I always enjoy a build log. Today I learnt I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort if I'd thought to terminate my pump directly into the PSU rather than crimping sata terminals... it's so simple... why has it taken so long to realise.
Great job btw and thanks for sharing.
it's hilarious when this realisation hits. I literally stood aghast for about 30 seconds at how I'd missed something so obvious, especially as I have less than zero room for anything in my never-ending project.

Associate
it's hilarious when this realisation hits. I literally stood aghast for about 30 seconds at how I'd missed something so obvious, especially as I have less than zero room for anything in my never-ending project.
Yup the back of my PC-Q37 doesn't have much room in it with PSU, pump/res, Quadro and for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to put a Aquacomputer filter in as well. It's all been quite a squeeze that a few less SATA connectors would have helped with.

Back
Top Bottom