Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
I almost bought a Bullitt. They have bags of character and sound incredible. It's a pity Ford basically won't warranty anything after 3 years, so it put me off.

Soldato
I'll bring the level back down to normality. I got this maybe 4 or 5 months back on Salary sacrifice at work, less than £250 a month all in inc maintenance, insurance, tyres etc. Used by my wife for the usual family duties. To be honest, we love it.

I chose the cheapest car on the list and tried to choose the worst colour to annoy her but we have ended up really liking the thing. 3.3 miles per kwh, it handles actually not bad at all, doesnt feel heavy maybe as its the super base model. Little annoying things we have now got used to, it doesnt save settings, windows dont do one-touch open etc, but for the beans, we think its great. Its plenty quick enough and rear wheel drive.

Braking and regen takes some getting used to, but its fine now.

I know there will be some negativity, but I really quite like the thing

Last edited:
Associate
I'll bring the level back down to normality. I got this maybe 4 or 5 months back on Salary sacrifice at work, less than £250 a month all in inc maintenance, insurance, tyres etc. Used by my wife for the usual family duties. To be honest, we love it.

I chose the cheapest car on the list and tried to choose the worst colour to annoy her but we have ended up really liking the thing. 3.3 miles per kwh, it handles actually not bad at all, doesnt feel heavy maybe as its the super base model. Little annoying things we have now got used to, it doesnt save settings, windows dont do one-touch open etc, but for the beans, we think its great. Its plenty quick enough and rear wheel drive.

The orange version is the worst colour surely !
Quite like them too for the money.

Soldato

Is it called highlighter pen blue?

Permabanned
That's some might long thumbs you have there Gibbo
iu

Last edited:
Soldato
I almost bought a Bullitt. They have bags of character and sound incredible. It's a pity Ford basically won't warranty anything after 3 years, so it put me off.
?? Ford extended warranty for my 2020 Stang was £400 a year.. that's very equal to BMW and a 440i, and considerably cheaper than an M car.. surely the Bullitt isn't much more since in the UK you only got 11bhp more (454bhp vs 443bhp).

I'm also a fan the a Bullitt, and also the Mach 1.. I know the argument, but I'd have loved a Mach 1 Convertible.. also for those of us that need an auto, the Mach 1 has an updated 10R80 box which improved on the earlier one (which I've got now).

Man of Honour
Pretty solid cars so I’d not overly worry about issues.

That does seem to be the case, but someone on OCUK had a Bullitt which needed a new engine under warranty! :(

?? Ford extended warranty for my 2020 Stang was £400 a year.. that's very equal to BMW and a 440i, and considerably cheaper than an M car.. surely the Bullitt isn't much more since in the UK you only got 11bhp more (454bhp vs 443bhp).

I'm also a fan the a Bullitt, and also the Mach 1.. I know the argument, but I'd have loved a Mach 1 Convertible.. also for those of us that need an auto, the Mach 1 has an updated 10R80 box which improved on the earlier one (which I've got now).

As far as I could tell, they wouldn't offer one like BMW/Audi/etc do, it wasn't clear at least. I'd have been happy to pay.

Edit :: just had a look at Ford Protect, is that it? Looks reasonable. Is the cover as good as a BMW one?

Last edited:
Soldato
That does seem to be the case, but someone on OCUK had a Bullitt which needed a new engine under warranty! :(

As far as I could tell, they wouldn't offer one like BMW/Audi/etc do, it wasn't clear at least. I'd have been happy to pay.

Edit :: just had a look at Ford Protect, is that it? Looks reasonable. Is the cover as good as a BMW one?
If the original owner bought it at the time of purchase, they offer 2 years manufacturer extended warranty (so 5 years in total).. It's marketed as 'Ford Protect Classic'

If bought at the end of the 3 year normal manufacturers warranty then it's "Ford Protect Gold"

It's marketed through Ford, so very aligned with the dealerships, but it is (like BMW) still underwritten/administered by a third party.. the policy seems generous..

You get:
  • AA Roadside and AA At Home
  • Can claim if needing repairs overseas (60 day limit for EU and related countries)
  • £60/day hire car
  • £100 travel/accomodation expenses
  • MOT Insurance (low excess)
  • applicable for cars up to 12 years / 120K Miles (at start of policy)
  • Choice of excess, from 0 to £400 I think ( I chose £200 which was cost effective)

Cover looks comprehensive enough:
In the event your vehicle suffers a mechanical or
electrical failure of a covered component then we
will pay for the parts and labour costs to repair
your vehicle at an authorised repairer.
In summary covered parts include:
• All Mechanical components
• All Electrical components
• Oil seals or gaskets when removing the
engine, gearbox, differential/final drive
• All other oil seals or gaskets, providing they are
not replaced as part of normal service and
maintenance, up to a maximum of 70,000 miles
from date of first registration
• Catalytic converters and coated lifetime diesel
particulate filters to a maximum of 70,000 miles
from date of first registration
• Damage to casings as a result of a mechanical
or electrical failure
• Navigation, multimedia components and
Bluetooth equipment

I hope I don't need to claim, but considering it's marketed directly by Ford, I'd hope it's not quite as bad..

However, it's Ford, I've never claimed on a Ford warranty, but suspect it'll be like Nissan who just tried weasling out of everything and required me contacting Nissan UK to arbitrate between garage/warranty assessor.. with BMW, I have had good experience of the extended warranty but it's got exclusions (as per the policy book) and had to have a lengthy authorisation for a repair on the window mechanism..

Last edited:
Associate

We got a white Trophy spec one in December. We like ours also, fits our lifestyle perfectly.

Man of Honour
If the original owner bought it at the time of purchase, they offer 2 years manufacturer extended warranty (so 5 years in total).. It's marketed as 'Ford Protect Classic'

If bought at the end of the 3 year normal manufacturers warranty then it's "Ford Protect Gold"

It's marketed through Ford, so very aligned with the dealerships, but it is (like BMW) still underwritten/administered by a third party.. the policy seems generous..

*snip*

That's very interesting, thanks. I'll keep it in mind!

Associate

Looks nice, my lease XC40 is up this year and this is probably top of my list to replace it, mostly short drives and I get free charging at work. I'm thinking fully electric and the Meganne is probably my second choice

Soldato
New van arrived today for family duties. Only spent 10mins but so far so good. Need to get the Vito sold, making mad money now, might actually turn a good profit on that one.

Anyways, Trafic 170 Auto LWB crew van.

Soldato
New van arrived today for family duties. Only spent 10mins but so far so good. Need to get the Vito sold, making mad money now, might actually turn a good profit on that one.

Anyways, Trafic 170 Auto LWB crew van.
You must have a big family

Last edited:
Caporegime
You must have a big family

We only have 2 kids and a dog but were looking at vans like this as our next vehicle. Toyota Vellfire's mainly with the 3.5 but went completely off piste and ended up with the GR86. Next summer I think I will eventually retire my Saab and a van based vehicle will take its place. Maybe it is an age thing but you will struggle to beat a good van.

Lexus have recently launched the Lexus LM in the UK and is far better than say a Range Rover unless you actually go off road. In Asia these are wealth status symbols.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom