*Show us your pet reptiles.....*

Soldato
Thought I would update this to show how my Cham has changed since the above photo.
Coming on nicely:

flash1_zpscvc5bqca.jpg

Oh and I shall sneak this in..... My new pride and joy.... Not many of these in the UK:

Brachs_zps7ntafthi.jpg

Associate
Thought I'd give this thread a bit of CPR. Hopefully the photos finally work!

That's a six foot vivarium he's in, he's grown like mario after a shroom. :D

This one decided to have a nibble on his plant for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
Associate
How easy is it to look after chameleons? Ive wanted one for years but I kept reading they were difficult to keep, humidity, temperature etc.

The setups are easy enough, they have a reputation for being difficult because they don't tolerate lacklustre keeping very well. There are pretty much four core bits of kit, a heat lamp, thermostat for the heat lamp, UVB light and a fogger/dripper/something for humidity. Everything else is pretty much positioning and tweaking things like the drip rate for the right humidity etc.

Soldato
Owning my green iguana now for almost 14 years and only couple weeks ago I found out something very special about this species of lizard.

They have a 3rd eye lol on top there head I always thought it's a point that breaks to start a shed but nope they see light change. So if a bird pray cast a dark shadow over head they can get ahead start warning.

Associate
Well the name Monty stuck. And he's now out grown his old enclosure so bought a new 3ft enclosure, root, vine and some led lights. Going to get a ceramic heater as well i think just to bring the ambient temp up a little bit.

Associate
Well the name Monty stuck. And he's now out grown his old enclosure so bought a new 3ft enclosure, root, vine and some led lights. Going to get a ceramic heater as well i think just to bring the ambient temp up a little bit.

A ceramic heater will kill the humidity so be aware of that as it might cause shedding issues. I used ceramics for my retics at first but peeling a snake that large when it comes off in individual scales is not fun. I use AHS heaters now and they hold humidity a lot better. :)

Associate
They are reliable, and stable temperatures too. I don't think I've needed to check my temps after the first year, they're rock solid. They take a bit longer to warm up in the mornings but it means a more natural heat cycle (if you bother cycling it at all).

Back
Top Bottom