Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
For what reasons though? customer service? reliablility? speed? tbh its going more along the lines of BT as their FTTC is already established

Associate
from what i know this is a resell of BTO's fibre network? I dont ever see sky investing into actual real world network beyond trying to put their equipment in the exchange.

Associate
On Sky LLU BB now and had no real complaints apart from the **** tastic wireless router they send out.

Will be getting my mum to order the upgrade as soon they let me I think.

Although have been looking at BT infinity to as the new home hub is meant to be good but I figure with the Sky now going into the Open Reach Modern for fibre I might be offer buying another router instead to replace the ****y sky one will give us.

Plus installation has been quoted as £50 for some people, though some lucky people who got through on the phone said this is being waived if your upgrading..So shall see what they are offering tomorrow.

Soldato
I'm on Sky LLU and my exchange was one of the first to upgrade to FTTC (infinity is available) but Sky claim their fibre service is not available to me yet.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
from what i know this is a resell of BTO's fibre network? I dont ever see sky investing into actual real world network beyond trying to put their equipment in the exchange.

Sky will be in-charge of the backhaul from the exchange. They're seriously about offering an unlimited FTTC package without traffic shaping.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/20...boost-with-first-uk-100g-optical-network.html
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/20...-massive-7tbps-internet-capacity-upgrade.html

Soldato
Ordered through My Sky, install 27th April seems worth it to me never had any issues with my current sky internet but 5meg isnt enough for me anymore so for £20 a month is a good price.

Associate
How long does it take to get an information email through? What are the prices for current Sky customers?

As far I can make its 20 quid per month still but installation charge is waived :D

Seems from sky user and official sky forums you also get a new router to :D EXCELLENT :D

Soldato
Just ordered, can't wait! Not had decent internet since I moved out my parents 5 years ago. Will be going from 6mb ADSL to 40mb!

If anyone is having issues with the website or being told it's not available in your area over the phone when the online checker says it is, do the following:

Phone 08442 410 104, say you want Sky Fibre and when you got to the checkout area on the website it gets an error. They'll check if you can have it and book installation over the phone!

Worked for me as I know a few people on the SKy forums are being told over the phone they can't get it but the online checker says they can. Roll on 30th April!

Soldato
Why would you want to pay £32.15 P/M for Sky Fibre when its 40mb ? when B.T Infinity is now 80mb (76mb ) for £26 P/M if you already have a B.T Line Rental .Only thing i can think of is the p2p ..any views ?

Man of Honour
why won't it? i dont see sky outside installing anything in the UG network let alone on the streets, they are using BTOpenreachs infrastructure from the exchange to the house >.>

They are using VSDL2 from the house to the cab and then they're hooking up from the cab to their own equipment in the exchange. All they are limited by is the copper line from the cab to your house - which isn't an issue and by the line from the cab to the exchange - also unlikely to be an issue. Either way, BT's network plays a very small part in the equation.

Back
Top Bottom