Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Soldato
Literally just cancelling Virgin because they're useless and can't offer me anything even vaguely competitive.

Looking for 100mb+ BB, Sky Sports and TNT Sports, but the Sky website seems really bad for selecting/amending bundles. What kind of price should I be looking at as a new customer?

Soldato
Update... managed to find the right 'entrance' point to be able to bundle what I need. Decided I can't justify TNT for +£25pm.

Sky Entertainment & Netflix - 18 month contract - £26pm
Sky Sports - 18 month contract - £20pm
Sky Cinema - 18 month contract - £11pm (+2 free Vue tickets pm)
Netflix Premium - 31 day rolling - £8pm
UHD & Dolby Atmos - 31 day rolling - £6pm
Sky Ultrafast - 18 month minimum term - £17pm
Monthly total £80pm (+£100 Giftcard for going Stream... whatever)

Never used a code before but have to presume one will better that @MissChief ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Update... managed to find the right 'entrance' point to be able to bundle what I need. Decided I can't justify TNT for +£25pm.

Sky Entertainment & Netflix - 18 month contract - £26pm
Sky Sports - 18 month contract - £20pm
Sky Cinema - 18 month contract - £11pm (+2 free Vue tickets pm)
Netflix Premium - 31 day rolling - £8pm
UHD & Dolby Atmos - 31 day rolling - £6pm
Sky Ultrafast - 18 month minimum term - £17pm
Monthly total £80pm (+£100 Giftcard for going Stream... whatever)

Never used a code before but have to presume one will better that @MissChief ?
No idea lol, no idea of the current pricing. Start a conversation and I’ll get a code sent along tomorrow.

Associate
Guys what would you do if you were me?

Just moved into a new house (not new, but new for me). Already has a satellite and cables installed. I've got 1Gig BT broadband.

I want to have Sky on 2 TVs > Entertainment + Netflix Premium, Skyports, UHD. No Cinema.

What would you go for, Sky Q or Steam?

I've read all the horror stories on Stream, I get the feeling Q may be a bit cheaper with a F&F deal and I can record stuff. I don't mind not having Atmos in things like Disney+ , I can just use the TV app for that.

Last edited:
Soldato
No idea lol, no idea of the current pricing. Start a conversation and I’ll get a code sent along tomorrow.
Hey MissChief, quick one for you - any thoughts on how the black friday Stream offer stacks up against your normal friends & family (once you can do somethign for Stream of course)?

I'm thinking of Stream, +1 puck, cinema, UHD, skipping, netflix premium

Thanks again for sharing with the community over the years - you've saved OCUK members a fortune as well as being a huge source for help and info.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Hey MissChief, quick one for you - any thoughts on how the black friday Stream offer stacks up against your normal friends & family (once you can do somethign for Stream of course)?

I'm thinking of Stream, +1 puck, cinema, UHD, skipping, netflix premium

Thanks again for sharing with the community over the years - you've saved OCUK members a fortune as well as being a huge source for help and info.
Again I'm clueless about current domestic pricing!

Associate
i quit sky in the summer since they didnt give me a decent deal. Whats the best i can expect for

Sky Q
4k + HD
sky sports

not fussed about anything else really other than the free nefllix with it?
We ditched in the summer and never received a call back, they were willing to let us go and the best offer they came up with was a £3 a month saving and extending the contract 18 months

Soldato
We ditched in the summer and never received a call back, they were willing to let us go and the best offer they came up with was a £3 a month saving and extending the contract 18 months
i was similar - except it was like £15 more than i was paying. I only really miss it for F1 coverage really, its crazy that in this day and age to watch sport you are forced to pay for channels you will never watch.

Back
Top Bottom