Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
With the smart watches say the sansung galaxy 6 if you get a bluetooth 1 it conects to your mobile and you answer call on it, no contract needed ?
But can you connect a 4g 1 to your current mobile account ? or does it have to have its own number/contract ?

Soldato
With the smart watches say the sansung galaxy 6 if you get a bluetooth 1 it conects to your mobile and you answer call on it, no contract needed ?
But can you connect a 4g 1 to your current mobile account ? or does it have to have its own number/contract ?
The BT only model needs permanent connection to your mobile for calls etc. Most providers have a add on feature to your contract to add the LTE watch version, so you can use the watch as a standalone device no mobile phone needed for texting +whapsapp which are fun to reply on via the watch though you can use Google assistant

Associate
I have just got an garmin epix pro gen 2 47mm it's got every thing I need but it's a little uncomfortable. I have also ordered a venu 3. Once I have both I will decide which to keep. The venu 3 is not quite as good a as golf watch. But should be more comfortable.

Soldato

You get a smartwatch bolt on. I'm with Three and it's £7 a month. So I'm sharing the same WhatsApps and calls etc.

Soldato
Looking for a new smartwatch to pair with my iPhone 14 Pro

Whilst an Apple Watch seems most logical choice there quite costly.

Wondering if any other recommendations

Soldato
If you have a phone as expensive as that, I wouldn't worry about £100-£150 for a perfectly good Apple Watch 5/6 etc.

That would do a great job IMHO
Tbf I didn’t even think of older gen Apple Watches.

I was android prior to moving to Apple tbf so my old watches have been the original Samsung and a Huawei GT2

Soldato
I already have the Samsung watch 4 with the dial and Three are giving me a free Watch 6 without the dial. I expect I will sell this on here to someone or should I use the 6 instead? Is there any major differences other than the missing dial?

I bought a new watch recently. Bearing in mind I bought used, my research took me to the watch 5 Pro. I considered the 6 but discarded the 4 unless it was for peanuts. You'll get decent money for the 6, not much for the 4. I would personally just get rid of the 4. Use the 6 for a bit and then sell that when I inevitably get bored of it.

Man of Honour
Got an update for the Watch 4 last night and now I cant connect it to my phone s22 ultra. Rebooted both, tried reconnecting and it fails. Anyone else?
Seems to be a common issue since the new year, does your Galaxy wear app crash as soon as you try opening it?

Sounds strange but set your phone date to pre Jan 1st reconnect then change the date back, fixed mine yesterday.

Last edited:
Seems to be a common issue since the new year, does your Galaxy wear app crash as soon as you try opening it?

Sounds strange but set your phone date to pre Jan 1st reconnect then change the date back, fixed mine yesterday.

It did indeed, until I connected my Buds and it will launch

I will give your suggestion a bash, thanks!

Soldato
I got an Apple Watch series 9, lasted 5 days before I had to return it. It was causing skin irritation was horrible.

Not a clue why as had smart watches before that I wore daily Huawei GT2 and Samsung Gear before they were galaxy watches

surprisingly o2 said they have had a few of these returned for same thing.

Now am at a loss as to what watch to go for really

Back
Top Bottom