Sony HT A9 impressions?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Same setup as above with sub using a Sony Xr77a80ku and the centre speaker works really well. Almost to well as it overpowers the virtual surround somewhat, I think that because I have the Both the TV and soundbar mounted on the wall. Sounds brilliant on the setup and you can really pinpoint the sound with your eyes. Never found a movie that sounds as good as the setup you have to run though.

Would love the rears but they are never on sale and not willing to fork out £500 for them tbh.

Soldato
Thanks for the input. Still pondering!

Will wait and see the verdict on the G4 panels. Will definitely go with the A9 should I end up with a Bravia and stay at 65". I have room for 77" but think my seating position is too close, A95 at that size is bonkers money so would go LG if I do go bigger regardless.

Soldato
Thanks for the input. Still pondering!

Will wait and see the verdict on the G4 panels. Will definitely go with the A9 should I end up with a Bravia and stay at 65". I have room for 77" but think my seating position is too close, A95 at that size is bonkers money so would go LG if I do go bigger regardless.

Looks like there's a possibility of a new system coming this year. Skip to 10 mins 10:

We know it's gonna be called Sony Bravia theatre quad. Possibly they are going to have their own version of Dolby flex connect so you can do away with the control box and the TVs will do all the work. Probably to distinguish the two these will come in black, that's my guess. Hopefully will be some info when the new TVs are announced in April.

Caporegime

New model will be announced Wednesday alongside two new soundbars.

GMHmf8L.png

Interesting design on those. I wonder if they've gone with electrostatic or planar magnetic drivers?

Soldato
Soldato
I'd be interested in the spec differences, as it just looks reskinned to me.

Even the little box still only has 1 HDMI input.

Main differences are:

Upgraded speakers with an additional driver:

"Each Quad speaker contains four drivers — a tweeter, a midrange, a woofer, and an up-firing height effects unit — for a total of 16 drivers. That’s a step up from the HT-A9’s triple-driver design which was lacking the midrange driver and had 12 drivers."

Better stable wireless connection:

"Radio output power has been enhanced by up to 2.5 times compared to the previous model. Plus, an all-new switchable dual antenna and frequency hopping system ensures more stable communication between control box and wireless speakers."

New calibration:

"Enjoy quality surround sound wherever you're sitting. Just run calibration with our smartphone app, BRAVIA Connect, and BRAVIA Theatre Quad will detect your position in the room and optimise sound to suit."

New app:

The BRAVIA Connect smartphone app guides you through initial settings, assists with troubleshooting, and lets you control volume, sound field and more. It also notifies you about software updates and lets you control a compatible TV too. Don't need remote anymore to adjust volume or the EQ settings. It will also display what codec is playing.

Soldato
Very interested. No word yet I can find when its available here but the price of the HTA9's on the Sony website have dropped presumably in anticipation. Aesthetically the quad looks better, those stands are super nifty. My ears have a combined age of 94, not sure if they would be able to tell the difference between the two :D. Thumbs down to the smartphone app and its controllable volume. Hate having to pick up a phone while watching tv or a movie.

Soldato
GMHmf8L.png

Interesting design on those. I wonder if they've gone with electrostatic or planar magnetic drivers?

Looks sick, way better than the HT9

Hilarious pricing, just like Sony TVs.

Even the new soundbar got a massive price increase, can blame the price increases on the tweeters, Sony says they borrowed the tweeters from a $8000 Sony speaker to stick into its new systems

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom