*** Sony Xperia Z3 Compact ***

Soldato
I installed SwiftKey. Sorted any problems I initially had with typing. The Sony keyboard ain't great. Now I'm working on downsizing the keyboard, dropping a size each day as in landscape the default size takes up too much of the screen. My last phone was a Nexus 4.

Caporegime
money taken yesterday but still no despatch either. A handful on hotukdeals seem to have had the despatch email and £10 voucher but still seems to be a fair few that haven't.

Soldato
If it helps I was speaking to an Amazon customer support about an hour ago. He phoned the dispatch warehouse whilst I was chatting to him and then assured me the pre-order of my Z3c was going out tonight even though I don't have a dispatch email yet.

Soldato
I did jrodga2k5, selected expedited delivery, I have prime also.

Good to know m4rk84, thanks for the heads up. Maybe there is some hope then? The behaviour is just very strange, it's normal to receive Amazon dispatch emails sometimes very late in the evening. But it's the fact that the order hasn't moved or progessed at all to preparing for dispatch, it just seems stuck. The preparing for dispatch stage can take 6+ hours.

Meanwhile, other Amazon orders that I've put through at lunchtime today have all been dispatched.

Soldato
I did jrodga2k5, selected expedited delivery, I have prime also.

Good to know m4rk84, thanks for the heads up. Maybe there is some hope then? The behaviour is just very strange, it's normal to receive Amazon dispatch emails sometimes very late in the evening. But it's the fact that the order hasn't moved or progessed at all to preparing for dispatch, it just seems stuck. The preparing for dispatch stage can take 6+ hours.

Meanwhile, other Amazon orders that I've put through at lunchtime today have all been dispatched.

Only thing I can think is that it could be to do with it being a pre-order and a large amount of the same product being prepared to dispatch at the same time. The support guy said that the dispatch email could come as late as early morning and the phone would still be on course to get to me tomorrow. So here's hoping...

Soldato
Fingers crossed you get your dispatch email mate, I'm sure you will :)

Cheers :) Shall see soon enough!

Only thing I can think is that it could be to do with it being a pre-order and a large amount of the same product being prepared to dispatch at the same time. The support guy said that the dispatch email could come as late as early morning and the phone would still be on course to get to me tomorrow. So here's hoping...

Fingers crossed! I'll listen out for the email alert whist sleeping :D

Amazon rarely mess things up, but if it doesn't come tomorrow I can see us in for some more money off if we vocalise some disappointment. I read that someone managed to get a 10% discount early on for complaining that their Z3c had arrived opened with the seal broken. Amazon have since stated that apparently the seal is broken on all of them for quality control checks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh well got an email to say sorry for the delay to the order. Looks like it is going to be tomorrow now.

On the bright side the order has changed to "Preparing to dispatch" and they have taken the money so it seems things are moving along. Oh well for the £291 price I don't mind waiting one more day. :(

Soldato
the status of my order has been changed to dispatching now, and the money has gone from my account. so hopefully it'll deliver tomorrow or thursday at the latest. :D

Soldato
Yeah same, "Dispatching Now" so it's almost guaranteed tomorrow as I'm a Prime member. Still says estimated delivery for today though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
although, im not holding out hope. as sometimes amazon orders can be stuck on "dispatching now" for a couple of days as its happened to me before :rolleyes: fingers crossed for shipping this morning! :)

Soldato
thing is, i need it before next week as im off to spain on training. being stuck in an airport for a few hours with an iphone 4s/battery life, is excruciating. :p

Soldato
:) I'm on 3d 15hrs of light use with 21% left, everything is turned on 4g etc.

I'm at 1 full day (i.e. 24 hours) on mine with pretty heavy usage. Screen time is nearly 6.5 hours and battery is at 24%.

I can see the battery life being perfect for me, I'm never that far away from being able to charge it - but it means I can do whatever I like on it and not have to worry about it dying on me. With my N5, an hour on the train (internet) would take the battery below 70%...

Soldato
Sigh, dropped the damn thing out of my pocket this morning. Chipped the plastic on the corner a little bit, that is going to bug me now until I get over it.

Back
Top Bottom