Spec me a toilet seat

Soldato
Preferably one with a nice soft close option, and if possible something that prevents any sort of splashback, as I'm sure you'll agree that ice cold water being thrust upwards onto ones nought is a reasonably unpleasant experience first thing in the morning and makes one nip rather violently.
Oh, and something that is welcoming to my silken buttocks, but not padded, I already have a cell for that sort of thing.
What say you fine people of this esteemed forum?

Associate
Not sure how a toilet seat cures splash black, if you drop in a few sheets of roll before you go that does help reduce it.

I have these in my house and i recommend them (at least on the toilets i have), had issues in the past about slippage from the mounting which these ones seemed to solve. Quality is good, the toddler adapter just snaps in and out so you don't need to have it. The quick release for the whole seat is useful too, you can take the thing to the bath to wash/bleach then just slot it back on the mounting posts. Soft close working a charm still after 6 years of use.

Last edited:
Soldato
We bought some ebb + flo ones from Toolstation. Seems pretty decent, hinges are strong.
Mounting system is good.
Release buttons to remove lid for easy cleaning.
3 years on and no problems, other than a little squeak whilst shutting, which a little lube soon solved.

Soldato
Avoid wooden ones they stain after a while and its not pleasant to look at laminated ones delaminate which isn't hygienic either. Sold plastic is not exactly luxury but easy to keep clean. Get something with decent hinges/fixing preferably stainless steel if you can find it chromed otherwise regular steel rusts badly and you'll have a job when it comes to removing it in future

Associate
Need one of those Toto ones with the heated seat and built in bidet that cleans you. High spec but no going back after that! That’s a complete toilet mind you not just the seat.

Soldato
Need one of those Toto ones with the heated seat and built in bidet that cleans you. High spec but no going back after that! That’s a complete toilet mind you not just the seat.

This man knows his stuff. I went with a Vitra one though so it was all english. Toto is the bees knees over in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom