Spec me an egg cooker

Commissario
I like hard boiled eggs.

I know the really obvious answer is a saucepan on the hob like this

vY0nhK3.jpeg

But I want something I can switch on in the morning and forget about until lunchtime where I'll find nicely hard boiled eggs that I can peel and eat.

Someone's mentioned this to me but I wonder if anyone has any experience of egg cookers? This is probably cheaper to run than chucking a pan on the hob as well as being more convenient.

Soldato
I can't see how keeping cooked eggs warm will be good. The shells will prob weld themselves on.

could just cook a batch, peel, and keep them in cold water in the fridge - heat up as needed (if needed)

Last edited:
Associate
I like hard boiled eggs.

But I want something I can switch on in the morning and forget about until lunchtime where I'll find nicely hard boiled eggs that I can peel and eat.

Someone's mentioned this to me but I wonder if anyone has any experience of egg cookers? This is probably cheaper to run than chucking a pan on the hob as well as being more convenient.

I do hard and soft boiled in the air fryer. No Faff
You don't have to nuke them either, could cook them on a low heat, air fryer would turn off on timer. Imagine they would stay warm for quite some time.
At this point, I realise I am assuming you have an air fryer.....

Soldato
... don't hardboiled eggs go black if you don't put them in cool/cold water once cooked ... plus, as mentioned, bacteria growth if you didn't eat them that day.

Man of Honour
Eggs in the pan/other heatproof container
Boil some water
Bang it over the eggs
Leave it until lunch
Take the buggers out and eat them

Last edited:
Soldato
No. That's from overcooking.
Ok - then - any electric cooker would need to anticipate impact of residual heat to avoid that, versus putting in cold tap water you'd do manually,
even with a boiled egg you remove it at circa 4mins - otherwise the soldiers don't work.

Soldato
I was really hoping someone was going to say that they've got one and say what they have. I am disappoint.

I got this one Eggy in 2017 and use it often.
It doesn't have a timer (Alexa 16mins) and once time up I plunge them into a bowl of ice cold water.

If it went pop pop bang I would buy another straight away.

Back
Top Bottom