Spec me an egg cooker

Commissario
OP
Still looking for something automatic. The one I bought beeps continually, demanding attention when it thought it had finished so I’ve sent it back. I really want something I can switch on and walk away from, coming back later when it’s all done and cold.

The beeping wasn’t even very loud.

Soldato
Still looking for something automatic. The one I bought beeps continually, demanding attention when it thought it had finished so I’ve sent it back. I really want something I can switch on and walk away from, coming back later when it’s all done and cold.

The beeping wasn’t even very loud.

As an egg remains very hot/warm for a long time, wouldn't you just end up with a rubber bullet?
Seems you might be better off doing them in a microwave.

Soldato
As an egg remains very hot/warm for a long time, wouldn't you just end up with a rubber bullet?
Seems you might be better off doing them in a microwave.
@aVdub You should do this yourself before recommending others put a whole egg in a microwave and heat it up. See what happens ;)

As for @Feek just do what has been mentioned, leave in hot water, they cook slowly and cool down?

But why do a few people seem to be eating multiple eggs every day? They are not great, quite bad in fact, for you in large (more than a couple a week) quantities.

Soldato
Increased cholesterol, risk of heart disease, several cancers and diabetes, by very high percentages in some cases.

Studies vary a bit, and some are clearly funded by interested parties (mainly the older ones).

Just Google "are eggs bad for you"

Generally speaking, if you're healthy, and you eat less than 6 a week, you're going to be fine most likely. Bloody everything increases risks of something or other when consumed in any quantity. Just thought it might be worth considering if you're eating several every day. I know id buy a pack of 12 occasionally and then consume 4+ a day until they were gone, such a lovely and versatile food.

Soldato
@aVdub You should do this yourself before recommending others put a whole egg in a microwave and heat it up. See what happens ;)

As for @Feek just do what has been mentioned, leave in hot water, they cook slowly and cool down?

But why do a few people seem to be eating multiple eggs every day? They are not great, quite bad in fact, for you in large (more than a couple a week) quantities.

My ex girlfriends dad did the same, but being a bit silly, he stood there watching the egg as the bloody door blew off :cry:

To Add: If the egg is prepped correctly and then microwaved.

I have a couple of eggs a few times a week, which my Doctor said was healthier than Cocaine or Red Bull.

Soldato
My ex girlfriends dad did the same, but being a bit silly, he stood there watching the egg as the bloody door blew off :cry:

To Add: If the egg is prepped correctly and then microwaved.

I have a couple of eggs a few times a week, which my Doctor said was healthier than Cocaine or Red Bull.
Ah that's where I've been going wrong.
I've been eating my eggs sprinkled in cocaine and a red bull reduction!

Last edited:
Soldato
Increased cholesterol, risk of heart disease, several cancers and diabetes, by very high percentages in some cases.

Studies vary a bit, and some are clearly funded by interested parties (mainly the older ones).

Just Google "are eggs bad for you"
Is that American eggs though?

Soldato
Is that American eggs though?
Are they that different?
I am not sure, I don't remember it specifying country of origin for the eggs used in any study i read/saw referenced.
Although the number of scientific papers in general coming out of America has drastically dropped off in the last decade or two compared to Europe and SEA.

Soldato
American eggs have to be kept refrigerated by law because they're washed so the natural barrier is removed.
but you don't eat that barrier, unless you're a weirdo :D
I mean the actual egg content that you eat, is it that different?
Regardless, I didn't want to derail your thread, I just wanted to make sure you were aware, if you were eating loads of them and already at risk from x y or z then it might be something you wanted to read up on. Not like a "AHHH STOP EATING EGGS YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE"

Back
Top Bottom