Spiced Rum Recommendation

Soldato
It's not spiced, but I didn't see another Rum thread. I just opened a bottle I bought last year for Xmas of 'Dead Man's Finger Raspberry Rum Cream Liqueur' and it's beautiful!

Man of Honour
I picked up another bottle of El Dorado 15 to replace my almost empty one, a second bottle for the mother in law who tried it at ours and liked it, a bottle of Diplomatico, and the place I ordered from had a deal on where I got a free bottle of Sailor Jerry spiced rum if I bought 3 bottles of over 30 Euro rum.

It's really nice with Coke or Pepsi but I wouldn't drink it neat.

Permabanned
This is lovely, got some at Christmas and it's great.

DP7_2x_a01a3f46-368e-4e91-84e4-87c0f8a6d554.png

Captain Morgan's Black is nice too.

Commissario
I picked up another bottle of El Dorado 15 to replace my almost empty one, a second bottle for the mother in law who tried it at ours and liked it, a bottle of Diplomatico, and the place I ordered from had a deal on where I got a free bottle of Sailor Jerry spiced rum if I bought 3 bottles of over 30 Euro rum.

It's really nice with Coke or Pepsi but I wouldn't drink it neat.
Agreed about Sailor Jerry.

St. Abbs Six Spice is a really good spiced rum as well.

Anything which basically tastes of vanilla but pretends to be spiced rum can get in the sea :)

Associate
Worked my way through a few bottles over the last wee while.

Rumbullion. Delicious with a really distinct orange peel flavour, really good with ginger beer and fresh lime.

Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva. Very smooth with more muted flavours compared to the Rumbullion.

Spytail Ginger Rum - Cognac cask. Didn't really read this one properly before buying, very strong cognac flavour (suppose that should be obvious) but found it overpowering. Didn't enjoy.

Hawksbill. Slightly harsh aftertaste but decent enough as a cheapish mixer.

Chairman's reserve. Probably my all round favourite. Really nice cinnamon and vanilla flavour.

Associate
Been AWOL for a while but came back across this thread. Glad to see my recommendation has been going down so well, it was just luck that in spent my honeymoon I St Lucia and came across it then. It’s a shame it’s not more widely available. They now have at least a couple of special editions. Anyone tried them yet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom