Star Trek general discussion (series, films, rumours)

Soldato
OP
Supposedly there will be a new film on Section 31, starring Michelle Yeoh. Sounds like it will be Paramount+ rather than cinema release. It's Discovery-verse however so nobody will be interested.

Soldato
OP
Don't forget Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. Also Discovery-verse so nobody cares.

Associate
Supposedly there will be a new film on Section 31, starring Michelle Yeoh. Sounds like it will be Paramount+ rather than cinema release. It's Discovery-verse however so nobody will be interested.

Alex Kurtzman is involved so it will be dead on arrival :(

Soldato
As i was quite young when TNG first aired, i have gone back to S1 and am working my way through them.

Just finished Conspiracy, now that was dark! It was also way too quickly exposed and wrapped up in a single episode :(

The Neutral Zone left and S1 done. S1 wasn't as bad as people make out, there were some great episodes. Can't wait for the next seasons, if S1 was meant to be nothing special.

Soldato
New teaser for Strange New Worlds Season 2

Looks good, proper Klingons!

Please don't be woke and too heavy on the humour...................

Season 1, episode 8 "The Elysian Kingdom" was the only low point episode for me. But when they did the exploring of new worlds and space battles - this show got it so right.

Soldato
Please don't be woke and too heavy on the humour...................

Season 1, episode 8 "The Elysian Kingdom" was the only low point episode for me. But when they did the exploring of new worlds and space battles - this show got it so right.
Hopefully this continues what S1 got right. Although there is a crossover episode featuring characters from Lower Decks.

Caporegime
Refreshing compared to how things are these days when you need a whole series to tell one story.

I preferred the older style of trek as it made multi part episodes seem more special. Now everything's about some big world ending threat over 10 episodes.

Would have loved to have seen a follow-up on the tng episode "Schisms" as that had a creepy aspect to it and the ending left it open for a revisit. Though i remember reading something about the look of the aliens wasn't well received when the costumes showed up for filming.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I generally prefer the long-form storytelling now to the mostly standalone episodes that barely called back to one another.

TNG does have good episodes but it's a bit simplistic sometimes. They were smashing out 26 episodes per season though to be fair.

DS9 eventually became more of a show with an arc, so that's probably still my favourite Trek TV series

I suspect once Picard series 3 is done, so will be Star Trek in regard to quality again. I hope I am wrong about the this. I just hope Terry Matalas gets another new Trek series as he has done an amazing job with series 3. Or maybe someone else will see his work and make something equally as good.

Soldato
I only saw S1 of Discovery on Channel 4 and they changed the Klingons, just seen that trailer and they're back to normal. I thought this was supposed to be in the same (borked) timeline?

edit:typos

Last edited:
Caporegime
I only saw S1 of Discovery on Channel 4 and they changed teh Klingons, just sen that trailer and they're back to normal. I thought this was supposed to be in the same (borked) timeline?
It's around the same timeline as The Original Series.

And those Klingons from the Kirk series didn't look like the ones in TNG/DS9/Voyager either.

Last edited:
Soldato
I only saw S1 of Discovery on Channel 4 and they changed the Klingons, just seen that trailer and they're back to normal. I thought this was supposed to be in the same (borked) timeline?

edit:typos
It's set in the original timeliness. But when Disco first started the showrunner at the time of S1 demanded all the stupid klingon changes. Taken them a while to course correct from him.

Soldato
S1 done, onto S2. So Troi is raped/immaculate conception and Beverly took a promotion (fired in real life). New doctor, Wesley is even more smug than usual, but O'Brien!

Oh and the side Misson is transporting deadly samples - meh episode. Not the best start to S2 :( but Rikers chair manoeuvres are awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom