Star Trek general discussion (series, films, rumours)

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
You know a show has run its course when new family members of all the crew pop up.

I seem to recall Geordie had an episode with his mum in season 7?

Edit - Ha, somebody on Reddit wrote:

I never realised it before, but the writers were really struggling for story hooks in S7 -- everybody but Riker meets with new/long-lost/rarely mentioned family members:

• Data + momdroid
  • Geordi + parents
  • Deanna + dead sister
  • Worf + foster brother
  • Beverly + dead grandma
  • Jean-Luc + fake son

Last edited:
Associate
Supposedly there will be a new film on Section 31, starring Michelle Yeoh. Sounds like it will be Paramount+ rather than cinema release. It's Discovery-verse however so nobody will be interested.

Plot twist - it’s just one of the universes from Everything Everywhere, All at Once.

Soldato
Up to e10 of s2. Some good episodes and some not so good! The good:

Elementary dear Data
A matter of honour
The measure of a man.

Not keen on the new Doctor - I like that she challenges Picard, but she's got a resting bitch face. Plus she's no Beverly - nom.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stick it out, they (the seasons) get better as you go on, but there are always a few questionable episodes; as a whole ST:TNG is good.

Same for Voyager and Deep Space Nine.

I recently watched all of Voyager and currently on season 3 of DS9, the first 2 seasons of both were not great, particularly Voyager it was pretty awful.

Voyager picked up after Seven of Nine not just as she was easy on the eye but Neelix got a lot less screen time and they binned off Kes.

DS9 gets better with the introduction of the Defiant, and there are good reoccuring characters like Garak, but I have a long way to go and from memory it got better.

Soldato

I recently watched all of Voyager and currently on season 3 of DS9, the first 2 seasons of both were not great, particularly Voyager it was pretty awful.

Voyager picked up after Seven of Nine not just as she was easy on the eye but Neelix got a lot less screen time and they binned off Kes.

DS9 gets better with the introduction of the Defiant, and there are good reoccuring characters like Garak, but I have a long way to go and from memory it got better.

Totally agree. I wish they had done more with the Vidiian's in Voyager though, such a shame they abandoned them so quickly.

As for DS9, great show lots to say about it, don't want to say anything in case of spoiler's. :)

Caporegime

Agree on this too.

Like how Bashir is so annoying and pathetic, more so in the early series.

Ds9 and especially late voyager are pretty good.

I really hope S2 strange new worlds doesn't go too discovery and "modern" PC.
I have absolutely no issue with promoting gender, race etc. But some programs force.it rather than include it.

I also hope they don't go too marvel with the cheesey humour.

S1 was great. But the S2 trailer... Looked a bit discovery-ey.

I did not like discovery. Michael was annoying (never liked the actress). It was ridiculous (spore drive is a cop out). And it the pc stiff, which I rarely have an issue with, was a little OTT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom