**** Star Wars: Battlefront ****

Soldato
Now, I am a big Star Wars fan. I used to spend hours on the old Jedi Academy, Outcase and loved it being on the Quake engine with nearly endless possibilities. Battlefront was a good game back in the day, but never really captured me the same as if I wished it was done by the creators of the Battlefield series..EA/DICE. Now that news has been announced, I can really see the new Battlefront being really sick with the Frostbite 3 engine, I really hope a good job is done on this. I expect it will be due to the original closure of Lucasarts, so EA will want to impress, along with they want to try and not have the golden poo award for 3 years in a row. Due to DICE already developing for PC and loving to show what their engine can do, I can only assume this title will make it's way onto the dominant hardware.

See the teaser here:

I'm so excited to see the development of this game.

Soldato
OP
I hope they leave the jedi out of this game.

I want to fly X-Wings/TIE Fighters and generally blow things up with lasers and missles. O and ordering around a Star Destroyer to pound ground targets would just get me all giddy.

I hope they don't that's one of the reasons I love SW games so much anyway :)

Soldato
OP
I'm holding out for a good result and expecting this one to be good. It's the first published Star Wars title, major release anyway away from LucasArts and because of this, they need to make a good impression to the HUGE SW fanbase.

However much people slate EA/DICE, DICE actually bring a really good feel to the battlefield games, with gameplay and visuals. I'm feeling quite positive about this, even if DLC is released (which it will be).

Soldato
OP
I want to be immersed in the game with HUGE AT-AT walkers next to me as i'm running along. I do hope that the animation / motion is well done and smooth. The free radical one is good, but character movement even in the older ones were a bit static.

Soldato
OP
I'm pretty sure DICE would have learnt from BF4 also with the fanbase of StarWars being HUGE they can't afford to disappoint or ruin the brand. I believe from this, that the title will be really good. Of course initial teething problems could be expected but I think it will be great.

Soldato
OP
I am thoroughly impressed, play it last night for around 3 hours. Everything, the graphics, movement, sound, gameplay is just fantastic. Can't wait to play later - as I said DICE can't afford to mess this up and they didn't so far.

Soldato
OP
Pre-loading my disappointment now.

Disappointment?... dude it's incredible. There is far too much negativity surrounding this game and viral negativity spreads. Hopefully once you've all played and see that it's not as bad as envisioned you'll change your minds :)

Soldato
OP
Have you read this thread? The amount of downers people have been putting on the game before they've even played it is ridiculous.

I know, I even started this thread and took off after the speculation negativity that appears to be today's game judging - it's all the same. Yeah EA made some terrible mistakes, but they'll learn and they can't disappoint a franchise far bigger than Battlefield. It's almost as though people love to put a downer on games like it's a popular thing to do.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[TFU] Thegoon84;28654505 said:
DICE/Cant disappoint..... Those words should NEVER be used together!

My apologies EA, DICE won't disappoint but EA pushed for release which meant production wasn't ready. I'm going to edit my post :)

Soldato
OP
[TFU] Thegoon84;28654528 said:
I am surprised at my clan mates. We founded on BF so to speak, literally all of them are refusing to buy this game... Dont even want to play the BETA!

But why?! There isn't anything clear to put people off other than past experiences with EA. Their loss anyway, more fun for me

Soldato
OP
Let's see.

Some people say the reason you don't see many good comments on things is because they're happy with a product or too busy having fun playing it.
But when many people share a similar view it's because it's like it is a popular thing to do.

I think simply they've taken a franchise, or two shall we say - smashed them together at high speed in a collider to see what happens. The outcome is something that isn't new, doesn't try anything new in terms of gameplay mechanics and has regressed feature wise.
More than anything, they've removed lots of features you'd expect a game such as this to have in efforts to make things fair and easy to get into. No doubt for the possible influx of new players cashing in on EP7 hype train.

Problem is they've been going down this path, slowly - it isn't just because it's star wars but the next game by these guys, no doubt will have similar or worse restrictions on choice.
I'll still give it a go myself and form a proper opinion past what they've let us know so far.

I think once people have played the BETA and when it finishes there will be more positive comments I hope. Agreed when people are playing the game and having fun, it's not on their mind to post, so agree here. It's the same with customer service, you see more negative comments generally because when someone is happy with a service they don't do anything about it.

There are new game modes, but ultimately even in the BETA it's pretty restrictive so I'm sure there will be little surprises people will enjoy.

We shall see, as I said - I really enjoyed it and can't wait to get home tonight to stream it again :D

Soldato
OP
How are you early access guys finding the matchmaking? I really struggle in BF4 if my ping gets to 50+ I can feel the difference so only play on low ping servers.

I read this game has no server browser so will be pretty miffed if it keeps putting me in 100+ ping server because my skill level matches others.

Can you choose English only servers?

At the moment you click a game type and it automatically puts you into a game. I have had 0 connection problems and anything to do with lag, hitboxes. I didn't even look at pings so I don't even know if there is an indicator... that's because I didn't need to

Soldato
OP
I would be interested to hear opinions of people who were unsure about the game and actually like it after playing, let me know if this is you :)

Back
Top Bottom