**** Star Wars: Battlefront ****

Associate
If Jedi were included I'd like to see them limited to one or two people per team, kinda like how only one person can be commander or could have it like the AC130 on certain BF maps where you have to hold a certain point to be able to open up the Jedi slot :)

Soldato
That thread is link and run, mine has love involved <3

Should have added the love to that thread then. imho

I agree it has immense potential on the Frostbite 3 engine; almost as if it were made for the Star Wars Universe. ;)

Really hope it is good.

Bounty Hunter's with rocket packs; one of hundreds of amazingly fun Star Wars nuggets in a Frostbite game, God it could be good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Super news! I hope they don't go overly realistic in terms of Battlefield type combat. Battlefront 1 was brilliant and really made you feel like an average trooper/rebel, and while I agree that the introduction of Heroes in BF2 was annoying, it was still a good game.

This has a chance to be completely awesome. I just hope it doesn't take too long to develop for. Can't wait! :D

(Now waits patiently for RTS Star Wars game aka Empire at War)

Soldato
Could be interesting, I did enjoy BF1, but BF2 not so much for some reason.

What we really need is a JK sequel - that series has been criminally abandoned...

Soldato
roflcopter.

EA check. DICE check.

oh dear oh dear, Battlefront is going to be rubbish. £50 and day on DLC, it will require be a massive letdown.

Avoid this, keep your memories of Battlefront. You have been warned.

Soldato
roflcopter.

EA check. DICE check.

oh dear oh dear, Battlefront is going to be rubbish. £50 and day on DLC, it will require be a massive letdown.

Wierd, I see all these as good things. Bf3 was the best yet for me. If the new battlefront is just a re-skinning of bf4 I'll by it in a heartbeat. As far as I'm concerned dice did nail it.

Associate
Wierd, I see all these as good things. Bf3 was the best yet for me. If the new battlefront is just a re-skinning of bf4 I'll by it in a heartbeat. As far as I'm concerned dice did nail it.

I agree - Will be more than happy to play this even if that is the case.

Actually really looking forward to seeing what this has to offer, but no doubt its a long long way off.

Man of Honour
I hope it's gritty. I think that's what Star Wars really needs, grit. I only played Battlefront 2 and it velt very Disney to me, it needs to be more of the SWG feel where you're just a random dude and not some special character.

:Edit: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy...play-footage_videogames?start=88#.Ubg2IPnqnRU

Seems to be gameplay videos all over the place unless it's some mod and just titled Battlefront 3.

Last edited:
Associate
I personally would like the Jedi leaving in, even if they are overpowered it gives the proper Star Wars feel to the game. But i would prefer some sort of limit as a game full of Jedi is not fun, but a few running around that are difficult to kill make it fun imo.

They could do something like they did with avp, 1 jedi vs x amount of marines. When you kill the jedi you become it :) and then do infantry only based stuff and other mixed modes for those that are miserable and don't like them :p

Soldato
I'm looking forward to playing an EA game made possible by Disney... I wish I lived in a high rise so I could throw myself out of it.

Soldato
roflcopter.

EA check. DICE check.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge, especially as not a single thing apart from some CGI has been released yet :)

Soldato
Wonder what a new jedi academy on the frostbite engine would be like or a sw xwing or tie fighter game would be like also.

I mean they cant only be doing bf if disney has given ea the licence i would imagine a few diff titles being worked on and bf is the first to be announced.

Back
Top Bottom