** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Caporegime
"Re-live all the parts your nostalgia googles won't admit were dumb"

Which is what I have been saying for years. The story is equally as badly put together if you pick it apart like people do the prequels.

Soldato
Rated PG13 in the US for sci fi action violence so will probably be 12a here - hope Luke doesn't say **** or **** as my 7 year old is desperate to see it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
"Re-live all the parts your nostalgia googles won't admit were dumb"

Which is what I have been saying for years. The story is equally as badly put together if you pick it apart like people do the prequels.

Just watched them again for the first time in a while... have to agree. The older I get the more it's clear to me that what I like about Star Wars is only, and only ever has been, in my 8 year old head. Don't care though :p

:Edit: In my head, and in Star Wars videogames! God damn those Star Wars games for being so good :o

Rated PG13 in the US for sci fi action violence so will probably be 12a here - hope Luke doesn't say **** or **** as my 7 year is desperate to see it.

Why would there be any swearing in this movie? There hasn't been a single utterance of that kind in the previous 6 movies, so it would be completely out of character for them.

Remember, Revenge of the Sith was/is a 12a!

Soldato
Re swearing - Star Trek didnt pre JJ either + and the Marvel movies unnecessarily always include one f bomb. Would be a massive misstep if they did though.

Soldato
My 6 year old would love to see it. I'm hesitant to take him to see a 12A though. I'll probably watch it myself first and then decide. Got the missus to think of as well though and she doesn't like him watching violence (her mum's influence I think. Her older brother wasn't allowed to have any toys that depicted violence).

Going on previous precedents, if a film is rated PG-13 for violence it usually gets a 12A or even a 15 here.

The only film I can think of that was PG-13 that made it to PG here was the Simpsons Movie, because there was a fleeting glance of Bart's privates through a hedge. For some reason Americans are quite tolerant of violence in movies but get all worked up over a little cartoon nudity.

Soldato
Going to a 12:05 showing on the 17th, unfortunately in 3D :(

Star Wars was the first film I ever watched in the cinema. I think I was 5 years old. I'm going back to the same cinema :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Halfway trough the first book, and so far, so good :)
Still can't stop laughing at how his real name is Des :D

I've only read the first one and couldn't put it down it was that good. I actually then completely forgot that there is another 2 books!!!! Will be on the Christmas list.

Soldato
Right gents is IMAX 70mm worth it?

I'm very tempted to do a trip to London (90-120 mins train) to see the only screen showing it in 2D in Europe in 70mm IMAX.

If it's not worth it then it will save me a few pennies with an all day London visit.

Soldato
I'll be abit late to watch this compared to some of you guys but booked first Imax showing on boxing day as we we're still able to book our 'usual' seats.

Want to watch it in Imax before deciding to watch it again in 4dx.

Soldato
If you are a huge Star Wars fan then yes I would say it is worth it as you will get the full picture + the screen is massive and the sound awesome. Have you made sure there are still tickets available though.

Commissario
Love this. Solo still has it. :)
SW-han-gif-1448562731.gif

Back
Top Bottom