Starting a 10 day fruit/veg juice fast - Few questions

Soldato
OP
the reason why your still fat is because your eating 7 meals a day.

give IF a go, i lost 8KG in 2 months.

basically the first week i only allowed myself to eat for 4 hours a day (4pm-8pm).

the second week onwards 6 hours a day (2pm-8pm).

my body has now got used to this, and i now even when i dont fast can only manage to eat 2 meals a day (1 of them being a bowl of cereal).

guess what, im losing weight, eating whatever i want. eating smaller portions, less meals and never feeling hungry.

the most important thing is, if your eating and you feel full, stop eating, even if you only have a little left, just leave it. overeating is the problem. i also drink pints of water constantly. i have 3 big water bottles i keep with me.

combine the above with some cardio and stronglifts 5 x 5, you should have a 6 pack within 6 months. only if your 100% willing to do the above exactly.

I want to respond to your comments but please dont take what I'm about to say in the wrong way, I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, just stating what I think...

I have thought for a while now, perhaps this past year I've thought that the reason why I still hold a lot of fat around my mid section is basically because I haven't been 100% commited to losing fat for the full 4 years I've been training, the first 2 years I was commited to losing fat and I lost 6 stone in the first two years which was great and then by the beggining of year 3 I had fallen in love with bodybuilding and decided to quit the 3 hour cardio sessions which I had been having such great success with and starting to focus on just mainly doing weights and then by the beggining of year 4 I'd pretty much gone back upto 20.5 stone or thereabouts....(by the way my timeline might be a bit out of sync but you get what I'm saying)...and then basically since april 2011 for past 5 months I've been 100% focused on losing fat again and I do honestly believe with the muscle I have gained, with the shape I have gained, and with the fat loss I have had that the body I have now is 10x better then the body I had 4 years ago, I feel like I've had great success in the past 12-18 months since I A)learnt about nutrition, B)started training HIT on the weights and HIIT on the cardio and C) just put 100% effort in to this and made this my life.

Over the past 5 months I've lost over 30 pounds of bodyfat and at the same time been able to maintain the muscle I had already gained. My arms, legs, shoulders, chest, buceps, triceps, back everything, you name it looks better then it was 5 months ago and looks better then it was 4 years ago when I was 24 stone. I'm currently around 18 stone but havent weighed myself in 3-4 weeks and didnt plan on weighing myself until end of the year for a nice surprise when it says 17 stone! lol...hopefully anyways.

But now that I plan on doing this 10 day fruit/veg juice fast I'lll obviously weigh myself before I start and then at the end to see how much weight I lost but am not too concerned about losing loads of weight on it, if I lost 5 pounds I'd be happy but hopefully it just makes me feel great and all goes well.

So basically everyone has their own ideas and phyilosophies on how to train and how to eat, there are many diets and many training regiments for us to try but you dont always have to listen to what one group of people are saying. Like dorian yates always says, dont just eat 600g carbs per day because everyone else does it and it works for them, dont just do squats because everyone else does it and it works for them, some people do better with high fats rather then high carbs, our bodies are different, people react to different foods in different ways. Just like creatine works for some but not others. Squats might be a good quad builder for your friend but you might do better with lunges or leg press etc. It's about listening to others, taking in all the information and then moulding it around yourself, finding out what foods work for you and what exercises work best for you and then just putting your heart and soul into it and giving 100% everytime you go the gym. And if you're constantly seeing your body change, if you're seeing results you know its working, if you're not then change it up, try a different diet, try different training regime.

My current diet and training regime I think are excellent for me, I've seen good results and I'm continuing to see good results on a regular bases so I think that speaks volumes in it's self and shows that despite you guys disagreeing with every word that comes out of my mouth, weather it be about nutrition or training, that I do know a little about what I talk about and if its working for me then that is evidence in it's self. I'll admit if I had eaten calories I could have shifted the excess fat I'm still carrying faster, but at what cost to the muscle I have gained, the fact that my measurements haven't changed in 5 months despite losing over 30 pounds really says something. I'll probably add more progress pictures to the "progress pictures thread" around christmas time.

Also regarding eating 7-8 meals a day, or even 12 meals a day, the purpose of that for bodybuilders as I've read and heard from websites/forums/DVD's is that it speeds up your metabolism, I've also read that exercise does this too. So with me training 5 days a week HIT and HIIT and also eating 7 meals a day I believe my metabolism is going quite fast which is why I'm burning off the calories and losing weight at a gradual pace.

Soldato
OP
The reason you're getting bad reactions to this idea is because it's a bad idea.

It's funny that everyone I told at the gym today, all the regular members, all the staff, all my family and friends, everyone was supportive and wished me good luck and said they liked the idea and that I'll no doubt feel great for doing it but this group of people on this forum which have opinions about me from past post have all simply ignored this thead title "Starting a 10 day fruit/veg juice fast - Few questions" and just basically flamed me and said this is a bad idea.

Well why is it a bad idea? have you ever done it before? whats bad about it?

Also for those of you that have replied to me in the past in other threads with negative comments why did you come into this thread and post more negative comments? I dont understand, it doesnt seem very intelligent?

I was expecting only people who have done detox or fruit/veg juice/smoothie fasting before to reply to this thread. Strange. :confused:

EDIT: I was laughing about some of the comments I've got from verious threads on this forum earlier with my mother and explained to her some of the things that had been said and how theres probably loads of people around the country laughing with their friends and family about some guy on the forum who eats 210 egg whites per week and how hilarious they find it. It made me think I should make a youtube video one time and show all my meals and show my shopping, 7 trays of 30 eggs lol. And also show before and after pictures from past 4 years and video footage of me in majorica 4-5 years ago when I was at 24 stone with no top on so you guys can see how far I've come, the complete transformation and also understand my diet better. I think people get too caught up on the whole 30 eggs a day, if you just saw me eating an omlette consisting of 10 egg whites and maybe 1 yoke thrown in, you'd see that its quite a small meal on a plate, its no sunday dinner by any means and it just seems a big number in your head. But its only 40g of protein, probably the best amino acid profile on the planet. And its just the same as the millions of other bodybuilders out there that consume endless amounts of skinless chicken breast, or turkey, beef, etc 8-12 times per day. I think if you guys looked at other videos of other people on youtube consuming their meals that their plates of chicken or beef look quite huge compared to my plate of omlette. I defo like the idea of making a youtube video to show all this, not just for you guys and this forum but also to show my friends and family and even myself which sounds conseeded, maybe it is, but I believe its good to keep progress pictures/videos to self motivate and to show yourself how far you've come and also which parts need working on like if your latts or traps looked better one year or the other for exmaple and what needs to be brought upto scratch.

Last edited:
Soldato
i dont think the fruit/veg dettox is a bad idea, its only temporary and lots of people do it to clean out their systems, so go for it

i do find the egg thing odd, but i would say that about any food eaten in excess..

either way, your working towards losing fat and bettering yourself, so credit to you

Man of Honour
Thats just one website I looked at for tips, I already posted the source as the origonal documentary and then followed it to up this website http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ which then led me to this website http://jointhereboot.com/reboot-program/the-reboot-entry-plan/during-your-reboot-entry/

You guys seem to have some big issues and problems with me doing this juice fast. The way you're all coming across is pretty much how you've always come across with me over the years. It feels like you're flaming me and you're basically laughing at me?

Not really sure where this anger and hatred is coming from? The thread title is "Starting a 10 day fruit/veg juice fast - Few questions" I was hoping someone would reply and say something along the lines of:

"Hi Scotch, yes mate, I've been on a fruit/veg fast before and it was great, the first few days was hard because I was on the toilet none stop because it detoxes your body to begin with, but after that it got easier and I started to feel great once my body got adjusted. My tips for you are add lemon and olive oil to your juices and try to buy all organic. Also spending money on a decent juicer/blender is worth it in my opinion as the cheaper ones arent always powerful enough to chop through certain veggies and potatoes depending on what foods you plan to use. Good luck with your fast! :)"

Thats what I would have expected, but instead I just get flamed with disrespect.
This is almost exactly what I was about to say:
Joseph Mercola? Oh for **** sake.

No-one is going to say "Hey yeah I did this diet and it's great :)" because a) it's a stupid diet, and therefore b) it wouldn't be 'great' if they tried it.
The only good thing about this diet is that you would be eating a lot of veg. You would lose weight because of calories. There is nothing else to it, you'd get the same results by adding more veg to your current diet and cutting the calories a lot.

As has been mentioned, Intermittent Fasting is worth a look.

Detoxing simply does not exist. People feel good because of extra nutrients. Maybe direct your research in this direction instead, for example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7808348.stm

If Mercola agrees with anything you're saying you've got to start worrying. Ignore everything he says. If you're going to eat more veg, things like kale and spinach are EXACTLY the kinds of veg you should be eating.

I thought fruit/veg juicing/smoothie diets were quite popular though, I know few of my aunties that tried it and said they enjoyed it and lost weight but was on the toilet quite a lot.

Well, I've always wanted to do a detox anyway so if I am on the toilet a lot then so be it.
Yes they're popular, but it doesn't mean that these diets are doing anything useful. Thousands of people buy diet pills and can still manage to convince themselves that they were worth it. I'm sure you'll find many people who are convinced this is a good idea, but it isn't.

Soldato
OP
This is almost exactly what I was about to say:

The only good thing about this diet is that you would be eating a lot of veg. You would lose weight because of calories. There is nothing else to it, you'd get the same results by adding more veg to your current diet and cutting the calories a lot.

As has been mentioned, Intermittent Fasting is worth a look.

Detoxing simply does not exist. People feel good because of extra nutrients. Maybe direct your research in this direction instead, for example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7808348.stm

If Mercola agrees with anything you're saying you've got to start worrying. Ignore everything he says. If you're going to eat more veg, things like kale and spinach are EXACTLY the kinds of veg you should be eating.

Yes they're popular, but it doesn't mean that these diets are doing anything useful. Thousands of people buy diet pills and can still manage to convince themselves that they were worth it. I'm sure you'll find many people who are convinced this is a good idea, but it isn't.

Ok thanks for the feedback, I understand what you're saying. I don't know who this mercola guy is you were talking about though.

The way I'm thinking of this now is that fruit/veg are basically just plants and medicine comes from plants so I am treating myself with an expensive fruit/veg medicine for 10 days and where hopefully I will feel good after for doing it. Another good thing I thought as well would be the fact that I've been eating almost the same food for the past year and its not changed that much really and so it will be nice for my mental being just to do this, if you get what I'm saying.

And then once it's done I could introduce fruit/veg juices/smoothies into my every day life, like perhaps have one or two per day from then on mixed in with my normal day to day eating regime. So I'll go back to the oats/egg whites/tuna diet but add in a juice or two for over all well being, optimal health and balanced diet.

Regarding your detox comment, you say they don't exist, I thought detoxing is where people clear out their insides, like you can go to a salon or wherever you go to have that thing done when they stick tubes inside you, and also one time I watched people on TV go up in the mountains somewhere and they drank water and salt and I think that was it for a whole day or it might have been a week and they were sick loads and went to toilet lots, but by the end of it they said they'd never felt better, but had to go through hell to get there. Something to do with how our intestines hold a lot of crap inside for years that isnt easily removed?

At the end of the day, its only 10 days out of my life, and if by the end I feel good and I've lost even the tiniest amount of weight then it will have all been worth it. I've got an image of the body I want in my head, I'm determined to get there. I'm thinking I can achieve my goals within the next 2 years and I'm trying to stay positive and put all my effort into making this a reality and so by experimenting and learning along the way hopefully these experiences will result in my reaching my target.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I didn't feel the need to explain why it's a bad idea as there have been many explanations in this thread already.

I'm sure you'll perceive the 10 day thing to be a great success because you have yourself convinced that it's going to work. There's a difference between "staying positive" and what you're doing, which is ignoring advice that something might not actually be a very good idea. Just because our viewpoint is negative doesn't mean you have to sacrifice some previous positivity to take it on board.

My advice would be to step back and realise that the people in the gym are just being polite to you, whereas the people here don't give a flying **** about offending you so give you good, honest, useful advice.

Take it or leave it. Don't moan about it.

Soldato
OP
I didn't feel the need to explain why it's a bad idea as there have been many explanations in this thread already.

I'm sure you'll perceive the 10 day thing to be a great success because you have yourself convinced that it's going to work. There's a difference between "staying positive" and what you're doing, which is ignoring advice that something might not actually be a very good idea. Just because our viewpoint is negative doesn't mean you have to sacrifice some previous positivity to take it on board.

My advice would be to step back and realise that the people in the gym are just being polite to you, whereas the people here don't give a flying **** about offending you so give you good, honest, useful advice.

Take it or leave it. Don't moan about it.

Maybe I would be able to take on board some of the information and advice given if I wasn't so used to the response I receive from some of the members in the sports section of this forum. The simple fact is every time I post it pretty much ends the same way. It doesn't matter if I say I think lunges is an amazing exercise or I love doing shoulder press, front squats etc, or if I say anything about nutrition or what I eat. The reaction I get from the members in the sports section, preliminary the same group of around 5-10 people that always seem to respond. It always ends up the same way because these members have this opinion of me now, and so anything I say is automatically seen as ridiculous...if I say apples are healthy this would be seen as ridiculous simply because I said it, where as if freefaller said it they would be like "omg you're amazing, thankyou my amazing nutritionist guru"...as they seem to think anything he says is like a message from god.

I'd rather these people didnt reply to my threads, I'd rather see that my thread has zero replies then have these same people reply, if you're reading this you know who you're.

I honestly believe that their attitude is all wrong and the way they respond to my threads/post is just pathetic. They seem to lack the ability to understand simple things as well like the title of this thread as a clear example (Starting a 10 day fruit/veg juice fast - Few questions). And often things I have said are twisted and manipulated and taken in the wrong direction.

I could have simply been given advice like "buy organic lettuce as this has the worst amount of pesticides of any veg" or "try to make your juices with fruits low in sugar such as Blueberries" or perhaps gave me some nice recipes to try which taste nice, some with veg or some with veg and fruit mixed together. Thats what this thread was intended for. But instead this thread has turned into 2 pages of the same old people flaming me with their attitudes and not giving me any advice, and then when I reply back to explain they just say "you're not accepting our advice"...what advice? you mean this advice?:

At least you realise you should reduce bodyfat rather than pack on minimal muscle mass on a high bodyfat frame.

Other than that: lolskskotchegg.

...if thats the kind of advice you mean then erm, yeah, thanks.

I've maybe had 2 replies with advice the rest was junk post and a waste of time. At the end of the day just because not everyone trains or eats how you guys train and eat doesnt mean they're ridiculous idiots whome not worth the time to listen to. Many people train and eat different but still achieve their desired results. Your own philosophies and methods on nutrition and training are not the be all and end all. I speak to the regular members and staff in my gym from time to time and when they tell me of their training regiments and nutrition intake I am always surprised by the various diets and training methods they use because some sound crazy to me and I wouldn't think they'd work myself but some of them have great bodies so who am I to judge. Some of them I've seen transform and progress over time as they have me.

You mentioned the guys in the gym wouldn't give a damn to offend me or not but it depends on the type of relationship you have because I know at least a few of them are honest with me and will tell me what needs work, like just 1 day ago one of them told me I need to work on my shoulders and latts more as they felt this was lacking for my shape.

As for my weight some of the members I'm with have been with me at 2 or 3 different gyms over the years and we've seen one another transform so therefore know how far we've come so the compliments are justified I think.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also regarding eating 7-8 meals a day, or even 12 meals a day, the purpose of that for bodybuilders as I've read and heard from websites/forums/DVD's is that it speeds up your metabolism, I've also read that exercise does this too. So with me training 5 days a week HIT and HIIT and also eating 7 meals a day I believe my metabolism is going quite fast which is why I'm burning off the calories and losing weight at a gradual pace.

wrong

it doesnt matter if you eat 1 meal or 100 meals, your metabolism will work at roughly the same pace.

exercise speeding up your metabolism is wrong too, its basically the same principle as driving a car, if i drive my car at 30mph im only using lets say 3 litres of fuel an hour. because thats how much the engine is using to travel 30 miles in an hour. now say i drive my car at 120 mph, im now using 12 litres of fuel an hour.

my body is working harder therefore it burns more energy, it doesnt mean my metabolism has suddenly shot up. my body also needs to recover so it keeps on using energy up until it has recovered even after stopping exercising.

but metabolism will have stayed the same throughout eating, not eating, exercising and not exercising.

there may be slight boosts, but the difference will be negligible. thats how they get away with saying that it does speed up matabolism because it does, by about 1%, now do you really think 1% is going to make any difference in the real world?

do Intermittent Fasting, do cardio, do weights.

simple as.

Man of Honour
I don't think anyone has been rude or aggressive - people are expressing their opinion. I personally think your venture is a little strange, and wouldn't be the way I'd go for it. Velocity diets do work for quick weight loss, but it's not a sustainable or necessarily sensible way of doing it. Just be aware that you will be shocking your body, and missing out on vital nutrition too - and be aware that when you start feeding properly again you may well pile on fat.

As for detox, there's no such thing really - if you eat healthily 99% of the time, there should be no need for it.

As for people listening to what I say, they have a choice to disagree, I do my research as you do, but doesn't mean I'm right all the time. :)

Also unless you suffer from hypo/hyper metabolism condition you won't really shift your BSR. The more lean mass you have the more calories you burn or need, it's not because your metabolism works faster.

The many meals a day is just a convenience thing - personally I can't eat BIIIIG meals so Ilike to spread out my meals.

If you eat healthily and don't drink you should be able to achieve this fat loss efficiently, by modifying your diet further, upping HIIT and keep doing the weights.

This will undoubtedly work, but just be warned it's not the miracle solution you think it is. :)

Soldato
Silly diet is silly. Eat well and exercise often. If nature made it then its good to eat, pasta doesn't grow on trees, bread ain't on the bushes and i've never seen cheese with roots. This diet will see you drop weight, energy and alertness, and pack only the first one back on when you return to your previous lifestyle.

You can't detox your body, hell, almost all of your cells are different to the ones you had seven years ago.

These forums are abundant with some really solid advice, from professionals and very knowledgeable people. Listen to them (but not freefaller, he crazy :p )

Ant :cool:

Man of Honour
And French, don't forget French...

;)

SkScotchegg, you're wondering why you consistently get the same kinds of responses and your threads always go the same way. It's because you seem to be unable to deal with feedback unless it's positive. People disagreeing with you isn't a personal attack. I tried to explain why your idea wasn't a good one but you've more or less ignored it, as I'm sure you'll ignore most subsequent advice.

Soldato
OP
Ok well putting some of the earlier stuff to one side, I still don't know if you guys are right about the detox or Metabolism topics.

Again, I'm not trying to argue, its just I do a lot of reading, watch documentaries and bodybuilding DVD's etc and I've learnt about these two subjects over time and so to come on this forum and have someone or several people say both of these things are a myth, I'm not sure weather to believe you or not, do you see what I mean? Can you at least try and explain where you got this information from?

Regarding metabolism I've read so much about how the weather effects it, cold weather speeds it up, junk food slows it down and fruit/veg speed it up, and how if you've got a person that eats 3 meals a day and then another person that eats 8 meals a day, the person eating 8 meals a day would have a faster metabolism.

I specifically remember a bbc documentrary I watched just a few months ago where from my memory this was what was said:
Have you ever heard of someone who is overweight and complaining that they can't lose weight because they have a slow metabolism? Well this documentary is going to investigate this question and see if there really is scientific data to back up this problem.

And then by the end of the hour long documentary when the scientist doing the documentary got to the end and had spoken to many scientist who research the human body, chemistry, biology, food, medicine, what happens when we eat, the chemical reactions inside us etc...by the end the conclusion was that we all have a metabolism at the same speed and this excuse that overweight people use is just a myth, they can no longer say "I cant lose weight because I have a slow metabolism because this statement has been scientifically proven to be a wrong. And they also said you can speed up your metabolism by eating small meals frequently throughout the day.

And then I have loads of DVD's of jay, ronnie, dorian and dorian talks more then other bodybuilders about training and nutrition and he even said the same about how eating 8 meals a day and doing high intensity training will speed up your metabolism.

...As for the whole detox thing, I dont have as much knowledge on that really, I've just heard a lot of people mention it, I've prob only read a little bit about it and also seen on those TV programs those people that go to salon and they have them tubes stuck up their backsides, do you know which I mean? and it cleans then out? Looks weird and strange and I'd never have it done. And the other way I've seen them have it done on other documentaries is by eating fruit/veg or just water and salt and being sick a lot and also going to toilet constantly for days. And they said that stuff was coming out that had been in their for years that wasn't easily removed.

If I had to give a percentage I feel like I only really knew 10% about the whole detox thing where as I feel 100% sure about the whole speeding up your metabolism which is why its so hard to give up the idea without some solid data or something to backup your claims of disproving this. I guess part of the problem is also where do people get their information, one website could say one thing and another website could say another. But I feel the fact that the scientist in the BBC documentary backup my claim that I can believe them above all else. Believe them more then dorian yates anyway.

Also I guess you could bring up many topics like atkins diet etc where millions think it work and millions think it doesnt, all I know is carbs seem to be the key for me, high carbs = strength go through the roof, gaining muscle & fat at the same time. Or low carbs = lose fat and strength. Thats what I've experienced in the past few years since learning about nutrition and changing diets.

Last edited:
Soldato
Go read Eat, Stop, Eat or any of the many studies on fasting/fasted training etc. and you'll see that yes, metabolism can be affected as you say but its in such a tiny amount (talking less than 1% most of the time) that it's insignificant.

It's like the whole 'starvation mode' broscience. If starvation mode existed, anorexics would be obese. That just wrinkled my brain.

Soldato
OP
Go read Eat, Stop, Eat or any of the many studies on fasting/fasted training etc. and you'll see that yes, metabolism can be affected as you say but its in such a tiny amount (talking less than 1% most of the time) that it's insignificant.

It's like the whole 'starvation mode' broscience. If starvation mode existed, anorexics would be obese. That just wrinkled my brain.

I tried searching for Intermittent Fasting and eat, stop eat but none of the websites seemed to explain the actual schedule or what to do, they asked for credit card details so most seem like cons?

All I've been able to find is one person on a youtube video saying that you can train when doing Intermittent Fasting. Would you ever train without food though? I would have thought you'd be really weak training on an empty stomach? I can't imagine waking up and going to the gym with not having eaten anything that day accept to drink water?

I understand that scientist say we used to chase sabertooth tigers and go out hunting for days on empty stomachs and would eat as the food came like maybe once a day at the moment or once every several days but for me if I dont have the right food and right sleep when I go to the gym I feel I have no energy and my strength has gone.

What do you guys know about this Intermittent Fasting, is it fasting for part of a day like for 5 hour periods or is it once every 2nd day?

Caporegime
For the long term try to aim for more than five portions of fruit and live foods (vegetables) per day. Vegetables are the last food group left that you'll see on a detox schedule, even fruit will be second place to them.

Soldato
OP
For the long term try to aim for more than five portions of fruit and live foods (vegetables) per day. Vegetables are the last food group left that you'll see on a detox schedule, even fruit will be second place to them.

Well I plan to have 1 or 2 juice/smoothies with loads of veg/fruit from now on so that should cover my 5 a day. I found many websites over last few days with recipies, but check this one out http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/8143

There's 10 there on the main page as you can see from the little pictures they look amazing, and when you click on each one it gives you details have ingrediants and how to make them in a really simple way.

For example:

Green smoothie:
Ingredients
200 g baby spinach
1 large mango, or 2 medium
275 ml water

Method
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer it runnier, add more water.

I was thinking I could prob add some more greens to that one though like lettuce and cucumber and experiment to see which taste best.

And then there's this one:
Ultimate banana smoothie:
Ingredients
3 ripe bananas
400 ml milk
150 g banana or vanilla yogurt
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp clear honey
3-4 ice cubes

Method
1. Combine everything in a blender and blitz until smooth. Serve immediately.

That one sounds well nice, banana, peanut butter (which I'll use organic) and honey!

Breakfast smoothie:
Ingredients
2 bananas
300 ml fruity bio yogurt
150 g blueberries
400 ml cranberry juice
1 tbsp clear honey
2-3 tbsp wheat germ
chopped toasted Hazelnuts, to serve.

Method
1. Put everything apart from the nuts in a blender and blitz until smooth.

2. Sweeten to taste with extra honey if desired.

3. Pour into glasses and scatter over the nuts. Serve immediately, as the blueberries will cause the smoothie to thicken (if this happens, simply stir in some extra cranberry juice).

I think we the different various ingredients I can use the whole range of veg/fruit I can add the possibilities are endless. Some of you pointed out that if you were just doing fruit/veg you wouldn't be getting the fat and protein you need but if I add in honey, peanut butter, olive oil and whey then I can still have a well balanced diet and make sure I get everything the body needs plus take my multivitamin, cold liver oil and omega 3 in the morning.

EDIT: One thing I'd like to add though, some of the recipes on that site recommend using some processed juices like cranberry juice etc but I'll just ignore those parts and improvize because I only want to use fresh raw foods. I'm not going to go buy cartons of cranberry juice or orange juice which might be loaded with extra stuff I dont want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom