Steam Link and Steam Controller now available to Pre Order

Soldato
I really dislike this. 2016 and newer TVs only? Why? The hardware isn't going to be that radically different to old Smart TVs... it's just to encourage you to buy a new one.

Samsung are awful for this. Abandoning support for TVs that are only a couple years old to get you to move to a newer TV, when the old hardware is more than good enough.

I understand your point, but honestly, almost every home has a TV. If the market was slower there would be nowhere near as much money in it. So they have to force the markets hand into 'the next best thing'. And personally, it's not exactly expensive for a new TV. The same cost as a graphics card! The wife and I rarely use our TV. We have a several year old 43" LCD. It does the job, we have the PS4 and Xbox one X hooked up to it for the titles we want to play which don't come to PC.

We've been debating a new one for a while, and even with our minimal use, $1,500 for a OLED 55" is pennies for the amount of hours use it gets over the next several years.

Back
Top Bottom