Steam Summer Sale 2016 set for 23rd June for two weeks

Soldato
sorry for slightly off topic but it's steam related, my screenshot uploader pic preview has maximised, all images are stretched/distorted, I hit a button and no idea how to revert it..

^Seriously..? Maybe 3 years ago they didn't grab something they wanted, couldn't afford it, didn't see anything they liked etc could be a whole number of reasons. I'm still buying games on sales.

Soldato
Got Doom for £14 on my russian account now just need to get myself Dirt Rally and Project Cars, think this is all I want from the sale tbh at least my G27 will get used for once!

Associate
What are peoples thoughts about Dead Rising 3?
I do enjoy the other DR games but heard really bad reviews about it and never taken the plunge on this one.

I think they're pretty average. Much better games out there imo.

Are the batman games good on pc

If you haven't played any, start with Arkham Asylum. Amazing game.
Then Arkham City. Best one imo and really good deal in this sale.
Origins wasn't made by RS. Was ok, not great.
Arkham Knight was one of the worst PC ports I've seen.

Get the first two games.

Associate
Just a heads up for anybody buying Kingdoms of Amalur. If you want to run it with a gamepad (recommended), it won't work (well) with an Xbox One pad.

It starts to stutter, along with the audio, and suffers an FPS drop

Works great with the 360 version though, luckily I still have my old one.

I have this problem in a lot of games with my Xbox One Elite controller which is annoying because I like using that controller :(.

Although I have just noticed there is an update available for it so I guess I'll see if that makes any difference...

Soldato
Is Life Is Strange worth the £8? I kind of just got the impression it was a bit of a ripoff of the telltale games when I first looked at it and haven't thought about it since, but just noticed the steam reviews are very good.

Soldato
What is the status of that now? Did they fix it or just leave it botched?

I played it after they patched it and it ran perfectly at 60fps on my 1080p tv with my 970 (slightly clocked to 1400). Didn't have a single slowdown at all, even in the car, which was apparently one of the worst offenders for performance drops.

Caporegime
Is Life Is Strange worth the £8? I kind of just got the impression it was a bit of a ripoff of the telltale games when I first looked at it and haven't thought about it since, but just noticed the steam reviews are very good.

One of the best games I've ever played. Far better than the Telltale games imo. Some of the best characters I've ever seen in games and it's a fantastic story.

Associate
What are peoples thoughts about Dead Rising 3?
I do enjoy the other DR games but heard really bad reviews about it and never taken the plunge on this one.
I thought it was decent but not even close to being on DR1 and 2's level. The main protagonist is a whiny douche at times, doesn't hold a candle to Frank West or even Chuck.

I did like the vehicle customisation but driving around the city is painful because there's road blocks everywhere, you have to always open up the map to find the best route.

Worth a try at the sale price though.

Back
Top Bottom