Steam Summer Sale 2016 set for 23rd June for two weeks

Soldato
come on help me out only got enough cash for either rise of the tomb raider or Doom i can't make my mind up I love and have completed all the games from their respective series. just keep seeing reviews saying doom seems a bit like a arena based deathmatch with no real walking about flicking switches etc etc

Doom is very linear, just generic corridors connecting small arenas with easy to find colour coded key cards. Very little in the way of atmosphere, story or characters etc. Its basically just fun combat with a demony theme. The combat is great and the weapons and weapon mods are all a lot of fun, but it got a little tedious towards the end for me as the combat does get repetitive. I'm very much in the minority though and as you will see by the steam reviews and peoples scores on here its a 9/10+ for most people.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
Doom or Tomb raider

ive played TR on PC and Xbone and Doom On Xbone (unless Pc version is Better) in my honest opinon the more Enjoyable game is Tomb Raider

Wondering the same myself, I played the demo/first 10 mins of RotTR on XB1, and tried the Doom demo last night on PC. Doom is mental! TR is a little more sedate lol.

Soldato
Tempted by all the Civ 5 addons! Only have the base game but never really had a proper go at it but i know its said to be very addictive

Need to get over the learning curve!

Associate
Picked up Subnautica which looks like a lovely game but no 360 controller support so had to get it refunded. As soon as there is support, Ill be all over this one.

Man of Honour
Tempted by all the Civ 5 addons! Only have the base game but never really had a proper go at it but i know its said to be very addictive

Need to get over the learning curve!

Unless you plan to play the highest difficulties, there isn't much you need to learn in Civ 5. It's quite friendly really.

It's when you play the hardest settings that you really need to min max, otherwise you get rolled.

Soldato
I gave myself a £100 limit and am half way through it so far....

Just Cause 3 - £14.99
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Standard Edition - £19.49
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Season Pass - £12.99
Subtotal £92.05
Discount £52.50 (57%)
Tax £7.92
Total £47.47
I bet I break my £100 limit by the end of the sale...

As i Still have these games below already on my wish list :eek:

Subnautica = £8.99
Project CARS = £11.69
Batman™: Arkham Knight = £12.50
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt = £17.49
Fallout 4 = £19.99
The DLC: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass for Just Cause 3™ = £14.99
All them come to a total of £85.65 :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Couldn't resist buying some more games. So I got these as well :).

Sengoku (looks like a cheap knock off of Crusader Kings 2 which I also own and enjoy)
Prison Architect (heard a lot of good things about this game)
Shellshock Live (looks like a fun indie game)
Startopia (don't really know much about this but it caught my eye)
Windward (this looks like a pretty cool game)
From the Depths (this looks absolutely amazing)
Universe Sandbox 2 (I love games like this)
The Last Leviathan (looks like Besiege for the water which sounds awesome)

I think that'll be the limit of my spending this sale though. I really can't afford to spend any more at the moment.

Associate
I think they're pretty average. Much better games out there imo.

I thought it was decent but not even close to being on DR1 and 2's level. The main protagonist is a whiny douche at times, doesn't hold a candle to Frank West or even Chuck.

I did like the vehicle customisation but driving around the city is painful because there's road blocks everywhere, you have to always open up the map to find the best route.

Worth a try at the sale price though.

Cheers for the input, decided to say what the hell and just go for it anyway.

Ended up with DR3 and Ark

Soldato
I get at least 2 packs a month at level 35.

You can receive a pack for any game where you've received all the available card drops already, I assume the more games you've done that for the more chance you have of receiving a pack.

X9rfii6.png

I guess maybe that explains why I'm getting less then, I'm the same level but have a lot less games eligible. Odd though, I only have 42 eligible, not sure how I've made it to the same level having completed so many less.

Back
Top Bottom