Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
a full season where bale is playing now He could well be hitting 30 a season
In the summer we must get cover for lennon and another left winger

Last edited:
Soldato
Take with a pinch of salt but Sky Italy saying City have agreed a 23.7m deal for Fernandinho. We actually agreed it in January but he wanted to stay at Shaktar till the end of the season.

Has the potential to be a fantastic signing, from what I have seen he is what we are lacking in midfield especially in the CL.

Soldato
Neither are as good as Coutinho!

coutinho does look a decent prospect. how much was he?

apart from the fact Bale's controller has no pass button?

why pass when you can do this?

funny thing is, less than a year ago. united fans were saying they wouldn't mind bale if he was 'cheap' the figure of £20m was then banded about. less than a year later £55m suddenly looks reasonable. i hope we get cl and he stays, he'll surely be worth £100m by then :D

his progress is second to none in the pl and the world. no reason at all he can't reach the heights of ronaldo (who had a stinker last night, not many people said so though)

Caporegime
lol, this thread is fantastic, I seem to recall two seasons ago Nani being proclaimed on course to match Ronaldo(despite every possible stat making this a laughable prospect) with Utd fans calling him the best player in the league full stop, let alone the best winger.

Bale has had one high scoring season so far, he MAY match or beat his current season, he might be much worse. Far more players have one great season then return to their previously more normal form than those who push on to become a 30 goal a season(all competitions) player. But lets talk about how he's worth 55mil after one year as a reasonable price.

Coutinho, even worse, his two best games have been against sides that utterly didn't turn up. You know how hard it is to pass in behind Newcastle in that game.... its not a sign of anything except he's the guy who got the ball a lot that day and did those passes behind, Caragher could have made those passes, did anyone watch Newcastle play?

I'm not saying he's good or bad but, before Liverpool fans go off embarrassing themselves by proclaiming him the best player ever in the history of the universe and how next year is there year. One goal against a Swansea that IIRC, rested half the team for the cup and were simply dreadful, 2 assists against WIGAN, a goal against Southampton in a pretty painful loss for Liverpool, an assist against Villa and 1 assist against a simply dreadful Newcastle performance.

So he's got 2 goals 4 assists against 3 teams in the relegation fight and one team that you simply can't argue did anything but throw that game in favour of being ready for the cup..... I seem to remember Utd fans proclaiming yet another winger to be one of the best players in the league because he managed was it 4 goals, 13 assists in one season of which what, 85% was against the worst teams in the league, on bad days... how has that worked out for him this season.

Coutinho has looked lightweight to me and very uninvolved against "better" teams, being Reading, West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs, being subbed after being almost completely useless against Spurs and Chelsea, one at half time, one shortly after. So far he's had 23 shots, only 6 on target, and 2 goals.

Before saying you got the better end of the deal, for me, I'd wait till he does something outside of against the bottom few teams. AS with Bale, he might be brilliant next year, the same, worse, but at least Bale is actually having a good season, Coutinho being decent against some woeful teams is hardly the same thing.

Soldato
Coutinho, even worse, his two best games have been against sides that utterly didn't turn up. You know how hard it is to pass in behind Newcastle in that game.... its not a sign of anything except he's the guy who got the ball a lot that day and did those passes behind, Caragher could have made those passes, did anyone watch Newcastle play?

I'm not saying he's good or bad but, before Liverpool fans go off embarrassing themselves by proclaiming him the best player ever in the history of the universe and how next year is there year. One goal against a Swansea that IIRC, rested half the team for the cup and were simply dreadful, 2 assists against WIGAN, a goal against Southampton in a pretty painful loss for Liverpool, an assist against Villa and 1 assist against a simply dreadful Newcastle performance.

So he's got 2 goals 4 assists against 3 teams in the relegation fight and one team that you simply can't argue did anything but throw that game in favour of being ready for the cup..... I seem to remember Utd fans proclaiming yet another winger to be one of the best players in the league because he managed was it 4 goals, 13 assists in one season of which what, 85% was against the worst teams in the league, on bad days... how has that worked out for him this season.

Coutinho has looked lightweight to me and very uninvolved against "better" teams, being Reading, West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs, being subbed after being almost completely useless against Spurs and Chelsea, one at half time, one shortly after. So far he's had 23 shots, only 6 on target, and 2 goals.

Before saying you got the better end of the deal, for me, I'd wait till he does something outside of against the bottom few teams. AS with Bale, he might be brilliant next year, the same, worse, but at least Bale is actually having a good season, Coutinho being decent against some woeful teams is hardly the same thing.

haha

Edit - Oh wait, you're serious.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol, this thread is fantastic, I seem to recall two seasons ago Nani being proclaimed on course to match Ronaldo(despite every possible stat making this a laughable prospect) with Utd fans calling him the best player in the league full stop, let alone the best winger.

NaniRon1.jpg

I can see why Baz accuses you of making stuff up though DM because no sane United supporter would have ever claimed Nani would ever end up as good as Ronaldo, hell even the insane ones wouldn't of said it it either

Soldato
Bentdner - World Class
Eduardo - World Class
Vela - World Class
Diarra - World Class
Eboue - World Class

but Liverpool supporters embarrass themselves? :o

Lol I don't think many arsenal fans thought any of those were world class. There were big hopes for some of them though, particularly Vela, Bendtner and Eduardo but that didn't really happen :p

Caporegime
He's just talking about DM, he loves them all. :D

Yeh but thats DM, he doesnt speak for all Arsenal fans;):p.

Mind you in DM's mind, all the above players mentioned by Pigeon were all destroyed by Wenger :/...when in reality it had nothing to do with Wenger but those particular players didnt exactly excel at Arsenal and they were given plenty of time to prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom