Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
If we're going to persist with 442 (and slight variants of it) we do need a new CM. Not really an attacking one either, one who is comfortable on the ball but can also defend properly and reliably. A bit of a box to box player perhaps, alongside Carrick.

We were linked a lot with Strootman and he's apparently that sort of player but I've never seen him play.

We need rid of some players too, Anderson, one of the wingers, etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think there could be better players for the job, we at least need someone else who can play that 'role' (not Anderson).

Soldato
I think there could be better players for the job

Like who? (Obviously I'm looking for players who would actually be available)

If we were to sign a midfielder I'd be looking for us to sign a back up to Carrick more than anything, if he were to get injured for any length of time we'd be ****** in truth, in fact all we need to do is rest him from the start in a game and we end up lacking any control in the midfield. He's become so influential over these past two seasons really adding dominance to his game now Scholes and Giggs play less and less.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure really, I'm not a scout! :p

It would be nice if we could strengthen the midfield though (and by that I include the wingers).

Soldato
Rumors that Vieira has been speaking to Abumeyang as well. Could do with some pace in the team!

I reckon we will sell Lescott, Dzeko and hopefully Kolarov. RSC, Bridge and Kolo are all gone anyway.

Apparently we want Jovetic as well but I would imagine it is Jovetic or Abumeyang and not both.

Soldato
I'm not sure really, I'm not a scout! :p

It would be nice if we could strengthen the midfield though (and by that I include the wingers).

And here's what irritates me the most. (Not personal! :))

The reply is either what yours is above Robbo, or it's one of pie in the sky exotic midfielders that we won't buy at all.

I'd rather we started to bring Powell through and chucked him in at the deep end.

Soldato
I'd rather that too, but it isn't something that seems to happen (Pogba).

I'm not even going to get into a Pogba debate, it's just painful to debate over, he was quite evidently tapped up and gone for quite a long time before it seemed.

For all of everyones midfielder drum banging I don't think it's been the issue for us this season at all really.

The form of Nani, Valencia & Young along with a very stop and start season for Wayne & Kagawa has made it quite difficult at times. None of those five have really had any chance to get form and play consistently.

Bar Valencia, who has just been shocking in terms of form/ability.

Soldato
I'd be perfectly happy if we didn't sign anyone over the summer tbh, only way that would change is if Nani is sold in which case a top class winger would be nice but even then if he wasnt replaced it would at least give Zaha a massive chance to shine straight away

Soldato
OP
Couldn't this thread have waited a little longer :(?

I hate to read everyone playing Football Manager for ages and moaning for the months on end, could have at least waited, now everyone will start the 'Fergie buy [insert exotic CM that they've seen play 3 times] here' chants that just brings everyone down :(.
Lol? News reports have been going on for ages about who is going where. Is it a problem that we have to discuss it?

That FM thing is pretty useless. I am an FM player, but I barley judge on it. Marquinhos is very average on FM, but he is a beast in real life. So much so, that there are teams like Barca interested.
Rumors that Vieira has been speaking to Abumeyang as well. Could do with some pace in the team!

I reckon we will sell Lescott, Dzeko and hopefully Kolarov. RSC, Bridge and Kolo are all gone anyway.

Apparently we want Jovetic as well but I would imagine it is Jovetic or Abumeyang and not both.

I heard Barca want Kompany. In that case, it would be wise to keep Lescott, no?

Soldato
Lol? News reports have been going on for ages about who is going where. Is it a problem that we have to discuss it?

That FM thing is pretty useless. I am an FM player, but I barley judge on it. Marquinhos is very average on FM, but he is a beast in real life. So much so, that there are teams like Barca interested.

The news reports go on year long round, as soon as the window shuts, so I don't see your point there.

As I've said, it was a tongue in cheek post due to the fact it's going to spark the usual boring, endless, nigh on insane retards talking of midfielders. Thankfully none of the latter people have entered the thread just yet, so it's not started.

But soon, just wait. Tomorrow if we lose to City, we all know who will be in banging his 'signed for the shirt sales' drum.

Soldato
OP
The news reports go on year long round, as soon as the window shuts, so I don't see your point there.

As I've said, it was a tongue in cheek post due to the fact it's going to spark the usual boring, endless, nigh on insane retards talking of midfielders. Thankfully none of the latter people have entered the thread just yet, so it's not started.

But soon, just wait. Tomorrow if we lose to City, we all know who will be in banging his 'signed for the shirt sales' drum.

That is why we need a thread all year round. Post-January window, we keep on using the January one. Now when the league is coming to an end, and contracts are expiring, it becomes more interesting/believable.

If you don't like, don't view/post.

Soldato
That is why we need a thread all year round. Post-January window, we keep on using the January one. Now when the league is coming to an end, and contracts are expiring, it becomes more interesting/believable.

If you don't like, don't view/post.

I think you genuinely need to remove the twig from your rear end and be a bit less sensitive. Do I have to say it again that it was a tongue in cheek post?

We can tell from the opening post that not much is going on by the fact you've posted a transfer that has already happened months ago, along with a team that are 'apparently' going to meet a buy out clause and a rumour that's 'MU are selling [winger] and replacing with [winger]' which happens every week.

Going by the fact that's all that has been posted so far is Arsenal fans saying who they want out which they do on a nigh on weekly basis along with Manchester United fans discussing the midfielders and arguing if Anderson has or hasn't eaten 12 pies too many this week (also a weekly occurrence) I'd say it's hardly interesting or believable.

I guess there were smilies missing from all of my other posts so they weren't obvious that they weren't entirely serious. Here, I'll make up for it.

:D:o:(:eek::confused::):mad::rolleyes::cool:;):p

Soldato
Kompany is going nowhere, it is just the typical media nonsense written by utd fans before a derby game. Apparently Clichy, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany and Silva are all leaving this summer :rolleyes:

Even if Kompany did leave it would not be wise to keep Lescott.

Soldato
Kompany is going nowhere, it is just the typical media nonsense written by utd fans before a derby game. Apparently Clichy, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany and Silva are all leaving this summer :rolleyes:

Even if Kompany did leave it would not be wise to keep Lescott.

City fans, can't help but try and point the finger at MU for everything, even transfer rumours now!

What next, will it be when the club chef leaves it'll be MUs fault?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom