Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Do you know much about the use of metrics and their sources?

If you are asked a question, and the only place you can find an answer is through various news outlets, do you refuse to answer that question because of the source of the metric?

How often do clubs/agents/players come out and say "I AM WORTH XYZ". Pretty much never, so you have to rely on the sources we have available - newspapers, the likes of skysports, even twitter to a certain extent.

Yet earlier in the thread you are berating me for my 'common knowledge' statement which comes from the fact that various newspapers and other sources claim Bale to be in the "60m+ region", then almost right away you quote a newspaper article about a players price.

Oh dear, oh dear indeed.

Soldato
Basically at Fulham Dembele was employed further forward and and worked more in the final 3rd and thus appeared more prominent than at Spurs where he sits deeper and works effectively but with less prominence. To the uninitiated this means he's been a failure.

Its funny you use the word uninitiated because your description of Dembele at Fulham is exactly that uninitiated

Associate
"So Bale is worth over 60m based on one decent season where as Rooney isn't worth close to that despite being pretty consistent over the last 4 or 5?

The mind boggles."

This was your comment after I suggested Rooney wasn't worth £50m - ie you were disputing my comment.

You then suggested Bale's valuation was "common knowledge" and I've explained MY feelings as to why this is complete and utter bobbins.

Let's agree to disagree, and when Bale moves to Madrid for £78m in the Summer, whilst Rooney travels across to Manchester for in excess of £50m, you can say "I told you so".

Until such time. We can agree to disagree.

Soldato
Its funny you use the word uninitiated because your description of Dembele at Fulham is exactly that uninitiated

Im seeing a pattern here

fEzghNgUb-3b80d9rfCDaPtBZz1E5neZvsYDUrwnhfF166ZtA-ctHj1MrCAvPZ5QExiXdWgbUznfugF8QyDEu24NwbwzztW-LR98dXsHd4Lvar2SXg

Soldato
Surely the value of a player is set by the club that that player plays for? Any valuation by a newspaper is going to be based on guesstimation or a tip-off presumably. You might not personally feel that Rooney is worth £50mil or that Bale is worth £60mil+, but their clubs might think differently. Plus there are plenty of clubs able to afford and probably willing to pay that sort of money.

Caporegime
More stories about Podolski leaving in the summer, while I give most stories little attention, its more that I was expecting these stories, he appears to be being frozen out in the same way Arshavin was for me.

Arshavin when 18 assists 10 goals, basically our second best player all season(well ahead of Nasri) yet the club faught to keep Nasri and froze the better player out of the team buying a crappy 14mil Gervinho to start ahead of Arshavin for no apparent reason.

People seem to be pushing this "Arshavin has been terrible" theme in the past year as he's leaving soon, but he was fantastic in his last full season, fantastic, but Wenger just froze him out. Podolski was scoring, assisting and playing very well but has seemingly been frozen out.

Hasn't started in the league since January now, and has been getting less and less sub appearances, even before that he was the guy Wenger always brought off. Wasn't used against Swansea in the cup, then Wenger prefered to bring on the fantastic Gervinho, Rosicky, AOC combination when we needed a goal and a finisher against Blackburn which we lost... three guys who can barely score.

He's started 21 league games and has 8 goals 9 assists, 1 cup game, 1 goal 1 assist, 6 UCL games, 4 goals 1 assist. But he's now being pretty much frozen out the same way Arshavin was, for far inferior players, for no apparent reason.

Vela got frozen out and has been one of La Liga's best creative and scoring players this and last season... we paid 14mil for Gervinho when Vela, who we had and was on a lower wage, is a far superior player in every way. :(

Podolski should go, as Vela should have and Arshavin should have, all deserve much much better.

Soldato
More stories about Podolski leaving in the summer, while I give most stories little attention, its more that I was expecting these stories, he appears to be being frozen out in the same way Arshavin was for me.

Arshavin when 18 assists 10 goals, basically our second best player all season(well ahead of Nasri) yet the club faught to keep Nasri and froze the better player out of the team buying a crappy 14mil Gervinho to start ahead of Arshavin for no apparent reason.

People seem to be pushing this "Arshavin has been terrible" theme in the past year as he's leaving soon, but he was fantastic in his last full season, fantastic, but Wenger just froze him out. Podolski was scoring, assisting and playing very well but has seemingly been frozen out.

Hasn't started in the league since January now, and has been getting less and less sub appearances, even before that he was the guy Wenger always brought off. Wasn't used against Swansea in the cup, then Wenger prefered to bring on the fantastic Gervinho, Rosicky, AOC combination when we needed a goal and a finisher against Blackburn which we lost... three guys who can barely score.

He's started 21 league games and has 8 goals 9 assists, 1 cup game, 1 goal 1 assist, 6 UCL games, 4 goals 1 assist. But he's now being pretty much frozen out the same way Arshavin was, for far inferior players, for no apparent reason.

Vela got frozen out and has been one of La Liga's best creative and scoring players this and last season... we paid 14mil for Gervinho when Vela, who we had and was on a lower wage, is a far superior player in every way. :(

Podolski should go, as Vela should have and Arshavin should have, all deserve much much better.

Vela was rubbish. He only shone against inferior teams in the league cup once we were a few goals up. To suggest otherwise is quite frankly ridiculous.

I will be very sad if Podolski does go, he's had a very solid first season. I doubt he will go so soon.

Gervinho, despite his recent goals, needs to be shot

Soldato
Is that DM ****ging off what players are being started by Wenger? You know, the first time this season the team are on a decent run of wins, and he is still doing wrong? Amazing.

Soldato
To be fair only playing Podolski on the left wing, if he actually plays him at all, does seem particularly dumb.

Doesn't podolski play on the left for Germany? And I also seem to remember a lot of people saying before he was signed, that he likes playing on the left.

Caporegime
Doesn't podolski play on the left for Germany? And I also seem to remember a lot of people saying before he was signed, that he likes playing on the left.

No he likes playing through the middle, he actually prefers that position. Not sure where he plays for Germany though, have seen him being employed on the left and also through the middle with Germany.

LOL DM, if Podolski goes then ill be gutted really as hes an immense player when hes in the 'zone' so to speak. Not really sure what is going on with him and Arsenal, id rather see him start more games than that useless spamheaded gimp Gervinho...who in the past few games has upped his game but still id prefer us to sell him and get someone else in who has a brain.

Caporegime
I see in the Daily Fail that we are being linked with Mario Gotze, who has a £30mill get out clause and Arsenal can match that.

Dont know how true the rumours are but if we did get him, it would be a major signing for us. But to make space for him, we would need to get rid of the players who serve no purpose to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom