Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Obviously we the fans (Arsenal fans) dont really know what is going on behind the scenes. However, from our point of view, it does look like who ever is doing the player negotiaions is clueless.

We have been chasing Suarez all summer and lost out of Higuain in the process. We wont get Suarez either and be left empty handed.

Someone is clueless. Supposedly we lost out on Gustavo becuase we wouldnt pay his wages...

How have Spurs been able to conduct their business and Arsenal havent? We could have bought Soldado instead. We got champions league position, so technically if it came down to Spurs vs Arsenal uness there was some other special reason, he would have come to us.

That just an example by the way!

But we have wasted our time on Suarez. It's quite pathetic who Arsenal go about transfer. He is always looking for value for money. This is football! If you want to buy a plaer that will make a difference expect to pay over the odds, not get a world class player onthe cheap.

I dont think Wenger's to blame as he is a good manager and a good coach and our football is looked up to. But there is a problem at Board level for sure.

Caporegime
Spurs have been building and improving for 5 years, Arsenal have been getting worse for 8 years year on year, I wouldn't choose Arsenal over Spurs right now. Arsenal have been losing their best players every year while to date Spurs have been fighting off Real offering 80mil for Bale, Arsenal caved at 30mil for Cesc(a MUCH better player... so far). There are up and coming players at Spurs who have been committed to improving without players leaving every year who are doing so because Wenger's lost his mind, his ambition and his mind a second time. Arsenal are the "bigger" club and probably will be in the champs league, but over the next 4-5 years, the length of contract you'd expect Soldado to want, which club will be in the champs league more consistently?

Anyway, on a pitch with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Neymar Cesc was the stand out player on the pitch, involved in 5 of the 7 goals with so many brilliant passes.... how much was Utd's first offer again? I think the award for most ridiculous attempt to buy someone goes to Utd this window. Did they offer sub 30mil to start, for what is for me the best midfielder in the game today, a player who also looks pretty excellent in the Messi role, a guy who has gotten an assist in three international finals on the bounce, been instrumental to Spain winning the world and euro's and has been nothing short of excellent for Barca..... lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
How have Spurs been able to conduct their business and Arsenal havent? We could have bought Soldado instead. We got champions league position, so technically if it came down to Spurs vs Arsenal uness there was some other special reason, he would have come to us.

That just an example by the way!

But we have wasted our time on Suarez. It's quite pathetic who Arsenal go about transfer. He is always looking for value for money. This is football! If you want to buy a plaer that will make a difference expect to pay over the odds, not get a world class player onthe cheap.

I dont think Wenger's to blame as he is a good manager and a good coach and our football is looked up to. But there is a problem at Board level for sure.

Spurs got their business done because they weren't screwing around, they paid the price the seller wanted. Wenger has been 'haggling' over a few million here or there all summer (well, for the past few windows actually).

Why is it the boards fault? Wenger has complete control over transfers?

The football Arsenal play isn't looked up to anymore, plenty of sides in the epl play better stuff, they've evolved. Arsenal haven't.

Soldato
OP
Saints have broken our record transfer for the 4th time in a year signing Pablo Osvaldo for £15m for Roma! :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23750101

Been on the cards for months, the right position filled, no idea if he's good though, Malt care to fill me in?!

He is a very good player. He has a goal per game ratio of 0.5, and he had the same ratio at Espanyol (his old club). he is a strong striker, which an eye for goal.

He has a pretty bad attitude though, which is why he was sold.
- He 'stole' a penalty from Totti (then he shot it like this),
- Got a yellow card (which trigerred a suspension) on purpose which made him skip the derby,
- He then went abroad during the derby
- He silenced the Roma fans MANY times after scoring because they used to critisice him
- Showed the middle finger towards the fans
- His wife also posted a picture on twitter of the middle finger (which was directed to the Roma fans)
- When Roma went to train in the USA during Christmas, he faked that he was injured/sick so he could stay with his gf
- He openly criticized last year's coach (Andreazzoli) on twitter, saying that he was a Roma fan and that he should go and celebrate with the lazio fans after substituting him in the Coppa Italia final (vs Lazio)

Apart from that, he feels that he is some sort of God, or a special player. if you sub him, he will become moody.

He is a great player, and its sad to see him leave. But his attitude made him not express his full potential.

Soldato
HAHA! That's going to go down so well...

Either we will beat the attitude out of him (aka what happened to Puncheon) or its going to blow up in our faces. At least he'll NEVER take a penalty, that's Lambert's thing and on one in the squad argues with it.

Soldato
OP
HAHA! That's going to go down so well...

Either we will beat the attitude out of him (aka what happened to Puncheon) or its going to blow up in our faces. At least he'll NEVER take a penalty, that's Lambert's thing and on one in the squad argues with it.

Totti is Roma's penalty taker, but he still argues....

He also punched Lamela in the face once, because he didn't pass to him...

Soldato
Not a bad bit of business by the Saints, looking forward to seeing him in action.

In all, I think so far this transfer window has been spectacular for the PL. We've seen a lot of talent join the league and it's going to be great to watch them all.

The question is though, will Arsenal join the party? I watched that video DoubleCheese posted above and it's clear the fans are all getting very ****** off with it all. Naturally as a Spurs fan though I'm loving it.

Soldato
Totti is Roma's penalty taker, but he still argues....

He also punched Lamela in the face once, because he didn't pass to him...

Even better! Though Totti isn't a 31 year old scouser who hasn't missed a penalty for the club...

I like the sound of him being a bit of a live wire, better than the days of having Otsemebor around the club because he got shot or having Neil Ranger/Bradley Wright-Phillips being the crooks of the club.

Soldato
would like others opinions on capoue if you're watching motd2 tonight. he came on as a sub but i think we've got a very exciting player here and i hope they show some good clips.

the passing ability of carrick/hudd/scholes etc and good interception with great mobility who can also cover at cb. seems to be the deep lying playmaker we could use. now, if we can mould holtby into a playmaker in the final 3rd then we will be a great team to watch.

in spurs transfer news, looks like BAE is going to go this window.

Soldato
I'll be watching MOTD2 and watched the game earlier as well. Must agree I thought he was pretty impressive too, I just think the team as a whole were lacking a little something today.

Might have been sharpness, but I think ultimately they all just need a bit more time together in order to gel.

Thinking about it, I've watched five matches this weekend! Talk about post withdrawal binge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom