Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think you are right. We are at the stage now that anyone we get will be priced at desperation rates and I doubt that Moyes wants to look like a complete mug. A partial mug is fine.

Its Woodward setting the offer amounts, Moyes just chooses what targets to go for (which for the most parts have been the right players)

Associate
Thats practically Cesc money for a player nowhere near that level, so Im kind of glad Utd arent going for it

Are you kidding?

We're bidding 30m Euros for Fellaini, possibly 36m Euros for Herrera, and you think 45m Euros for one of the best midfielders in the world is too much?! £35-40m for Ozil is quite frankly cheap considering some of the fees over the last few years.

Did Real need Bale? Did Barca need Neymar? Did Bayern need Goetze? Did City need Negredo? Did Chelsea need one of their many signings? No, they were all already better off than United are now, but those signings will make the difference to winning trophies, whether it's the FA Cup, PL or CL doesn't really matter. We won't have trophies because 10m Euros more than Fellaini was 'practically Cesc money', while Chelsea/City do win them.

If you think risking 10-20m Euros on an already world class player, even if we didn't need it - which we do - then you're nuts.

Soldato
It's a lot of money for Ozil but he could potentially be one of the very best and it's not like Arsenal aren't due a big name signing. I'd be happy were I an Arsenal fan.

Dont disagree with that at all, but 50m isnt a fee suitable for "potential" even in the insane world of football transfers

Don
So frank you'd rather Man U to sign no one or pay a bit over the odds for a quality center mid. Lets remember its not coming out of your pocket here. Or you just happy spending 30m on Fellaini and putting the rest away for a rainy day?

Soldato
Ozil doesn't really solve the issue that we have at the club, especially considering we've got Kagawa sat on the bench/doing nothing currently and we already have Potato head wanting to start in the same position too.

Soldato
Are you kidding?

We're bidding 30m Euros for Fellaini, possibly 36m Euros for Herrera, and you think 45m Euros for one of the best midfielders in the world is too much?! £35-40m for Ozil is quite frankly cheap considering some of the fees over the last few years.

Did Real need Bale? Did Barca need Neymar? Did Bayern need Goetze? Did City need Negredo? Did Chelsea need one of their many signings? No, they were all already better off than United are now, but those signings will make the difference to winning trophies, whether it's the FA Cup, PL or CL doesn't really matter. We won't have trophies because 10m Euros more than Fellaini was 'practically Cesc money', while Chelsea/City do win them.

If you think risking 10-20m Euros on an already world class player, even if we didn't need it - which we do - then you're nuts.

Firstly they are Completely differnt players so its not comparing like to like

2nd Ozil isnt coming from the same league (traditionally same league transfers cost more for the same level of player)

3rd Ozil is nowhere as important to RM in comparison to Fellani for Everton

4th he may have the potential to be "one of the best in the world" but he isnt there yet (and if he was RM wouldnt be letting him go)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its Woodward setting the offer amounts, Moyes just chooses what targets to go for (which for the most parts have been the right players)

I don't think it matters who is doing what. It reflects on the manager when this sort of thing happens. I doubt many clubs will buy a player for well over the odds if a manager says "I want him but only if he isn't too much".

There are rumours that we are bidding £36m for Fellaini and offering Lingard on loan to get him.

Soldato
So frank you'd rather Man U to sign no one or pay a bit over the odds for a quality center mid. Lets remember its not coming out of your pocket here. Or you just happy spending 30m on Fellaini and putting the rest away for a rainy day?

I never said that, but as mentioned Ozil was never a replacememt for Fellani he was in addition to.

I dont like the idea of RM holding Utd to ransom for a player they dont really want ( and will have less chances given who they have signed)

Would much prefer Utd going all out for Herrera or of that ilk

fez - personally I think it matters a lot if its Woodward who is pennypinching ( typically its not the managers who decide what Max bid their club offers for x player)

Last edited:
Soldato
BTGpL4FCEAAB74a.jpg

2yr contract.

No confirmed fee but around 4m, his contract apparently 18k a week.

Soldato
Let's be honest none of the fees going around this summer are related to the quality of the players. But if it's £40m on ozil or £30m on fellaini then I know which I would prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom