Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I hear Daniel Comolli is after a football directors job;), sacked from both Spurs and Liverpool.

Read that he was saying Utd needed a director of football to help with transfers lol. Nice way of putting yourself in the shop window i suppose.

http://my.sports.yahoo.com/news/manchester-united-director-football-says-comolli-101000315--spt.html

Im not denying that Utd had a terrible window, but Im not sure getting "Director of Football" in is the right direction at all.

But you never know what the Glazer's will come up with next

fez

fez

Caporegime
There is nothing wrong with a DoF, however there is a lot wrong with Comolli.

I was going to say, its not an issue with having one but Comolli seems horrendously hit and miss.

He did really well at Tottenham by all accounts but then he presided over Liverpools horrendous transfer period as far as I can tell. I guess we have no idea whether that was his fault or if he was told to sign the wrong players.

Soldato
Fulham have sold Kerim Frei to Besiktas. Silly, as he looked a huge prospect, but was always behind Kacaniklic. Only happy if means we use our other younger wingers now.

Caporegime
Something must have happened with him, season before last he looked like Fulham had found a real prospect, then last season Jol seemingly all but refuses to use him and brings in the woeful winger from AC was it on loan, and played him relatively a lot despite being utter turd?

If he has a year of playing a lot, clubs should be keeping an eye on if his form comes back and how he does. The only reason he seems to have regressed is not being played, and one of the main reasons for that was bringing in a really crap winger from AC on loan. Bust up with Jol or dodgy attitude, who knows.

Man of Honour
I would love Wenger to try something like this as I think it's our best 11.

ktvk.jpg

Pretty close to what I'd pick for home games against weaker opposition, with the exception of Vermaelen over Mertersacker.

Realistically however I think we'll see Cazorla on the left with Arteta or Ramsey alongside Wilshere.

Associate
Whats the point of getting Benteke in when he cant get United to service Van Persie?

Against Liverpool it was like being taken back to the beginning of last season. The entire midfield didn’t seem to realise they should be passing to RVP...

Caporegime
That would be great going forward but defensively?

No problem really, with that side above...teams are going to have a hell of a time trying to get the ball back from us;):p.

On a serious note, our defense is fine with Mert and Kos in the middle and if they carry on from last season with their superb partnership then i wont be too worried about us defensively. Put Flamini in there and he will give us the much needed steel we require against the more physical sides.

Soldato
Arsene told me exactly how he saw me, how he wanted to use me, what he expected of me. In some way, that conversation flicked a switch in me and made me realise what I had lost at Madrid – transparency, trust, respect. I would have even joined Arsenal for free.

Alright Ozil calm down! Now to pass the time until the weekend:

Caporegime
And now Gervinho sticking the boot into Wenger, saying he didnt have enough faith in him and didnt give him enough game time lol. No Gervinho, it was because you were a monumental waste of money and space. You had the talent and speed but you were absolutely clueless when it came to making good decisions with the ball at your feet coupled with the fact that you missed some hilariously easy sitters in your time at Arsenal. Good riddance to bad rubbish i say:p

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-unsuccessful-spell-with-arsenal-8803707.html

Caporegime
Whats the point of getting Benteke in when he cant get United to service Van Persie?

Against Liverpool it was like being taken back to the beginning of last season. The entire midfield didn’t seem to realise they should be passing to RVP...

Its the fergie tactic. Losing? Put 4 strikers on and take off your midfield. Keep punting the ball up and hope for a defensive calamity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom