Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Soldato
Added my Lloyds and Halifax cards to the app, went through quite quickly but I've gotta call both banks to get them to activate them. My ancient Capital One credit card wasn't supported at all, but no love lost as I hate Capital One :p

Soldato
Well, I have a HSBC account, but I don't use it much compared to my Barclays.

Not like my phone is compatible anyway... no NFC and it's rooted :p. I can wait for the next Nexus, hopefully more banks will join in by then, and better Android Pay support in shops.

Soldato
Pretty much all banks are running on antiquated IT systems held together with chewing gum and sticky tape, NatWest don't stand out as having any more IT issues than any other high street bank.

That's not true at all though is it

Remember the massive outage in 2012 lasting over a week? I think they got a huge bill for that one (60m?). They have big outages at least once a year :D Didn't they lose the entire online services in jan of this year?

I really wouldn't trust them :p

Man of Honour
That's not true at all though is it

Remember the massive outage in 2012 lasting over a week? I think they got a huge bill for that one (60m?). They have big outages at least once a year :D Didn't they lose the entire online services in jan of this year?

I really wouldn't trust them :p

Plenty of other banks have massive outages to? I don't remember the last time a NatWest outage affected me and they've been my only bank for the last decade.

Soldato
Added my Lloyds and Halifax cards to the app, went through quite quickly but I've gotta call both banks to get them to activate them. My ancient Capital One credit card wasn't supported at all, but no love lost as I hate Capital One :p

Mine says to phone, is it just the automated press 1 if this was you or 2 to refuse, or do you need to actually talk to someone.

Man of Honour
Had a tweet back from Barclays UK saying they will release their contactless add on for the main Barclays app in June. Obviously at present the Barclaycard app has it, but the main app will support both cards.

So not the end of the world, at least there's mobile payments via one of the apps.

I don't get why banks don't just go with android pay and be done with it. why go it alone? It's just going to cause annoyance and reduce up take. Contactless card payments is far less secure than contactless phone payments so you'd think they'd prefer everyone to use this.

Associate
I tried Android Pay at lunchtime. Worked fine in Morrisons.
This is a standard Galaxy Note 4 and bank of Scotland Debit Card.
Setup was really easy, with a text sent to my mobile from the bank to confirm setup details.

Now all google need to do is roll this out to Android Wear and I can then use my smartwatch to pay for stuff!

Associate
I tried Android Pay at lunchtime. Worked fine in Morrisons.
This is a standard Galaxy Note 4 and bank of Scotland Debit Card.
Setup was really easy, with a text sent to my mobile from the bank to confirm setup details.

Now all google need to do is roll this out to Android Wear and I can then use my smartwatch to pay for stuff!

Same here, working fine on my LG G4, just used it to buy a coffee. Any news on Android Wear support? It would be nice to be able to leave my phone in my pocket and pay for things with my Zenwatch :)

Associate
Okay, turns out enabling condensed mode will stop the app verifying your device, it's affecting both the Galaxy S6/S7 so keep it disabled if you want to use this.

Back
Top Bottom