Teamgroup ddr 5 6400

Soldato
Hi peeps been a while with chrimbo approaching gift ideas would like this ram over my teamgroup ddr5 4800 I've seen youtibe videos averaging about 10 to 20 fps . Question is do you guys think it is worth it over what i have .?

BTW what is the xmp3 I button overclocking sorry I. New and don't overclock anything in any of my systems.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What resolution do you play at? I'm assuming that you play at 4K with a 4090? If so, then no, it's unlikely to be worthwhile, since RAM speed helps the most when you're CPU bottlenecked.

For the record: I expect you could get a decent overclock from what you have already.

what is the xmp3 I button
Can you take a screenshot of CPU-Z's SPD tab please.

Soldato
As @Tetras said ...

IMO ...on the surface swapping out the ram isn't going to make a huge difference given the spec of the PC in your sig, but we'd need to see some screenshots, or some benchmarks stats from you to verify things are runing as they should be, before commenting further.

Associate
It does sound like you don’t have the 4800 MT/s speed enabled for your RAM.

Not sure what the base JDEC speed is for your current RAM but you should see a small bump in performance gaming at 4K.

Soldato
If you going 4800mhz cl?? to 6400mhz cl30
To be fair I’m going to to say yes there is a lot of gains to be made as you have a RTX 4090

The i5 13500 going from ddr4 to ddr5 as a massive just in productivity. And like you said about 10-20 FPS on average in games at 1440.
The ram you have now is about as slow as drr4

You need to aim for a low cl.. I was just about to post up asking about ram speeds as 6000mhz cl30 can be had cheap now days, I was wanting to know what should be the go to speed and cl now days

Soldato
OP
well its in couldn't get it to post in dual channel mode . had to swap the sticks about to get her to ,post but all good for now even got the XMP 3 working an all lol... thats all the settings im playing with..yes could make it go faster but i want stability.

Associate
well its in couldn't get it to post in dual channel mode . had to swap the sticks about to get her to ,post but all good for now even got the XMP 3 working an all lol... thats all the settings im playing with..yes could make it go faster but i want stability.
2 ram modules or 4?

Link to the exact ram kit?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Something worth keeping in mind 600 and 700 series Intel motherboards work differently to older boards for RAM wiring - if only populating 2 of 4 slots, etc. you need to make sure you are using the right ones i.e. often the second and forth slots from the CPU rather than first and third, etc.

Soldato
OP
ive had nothing but problems all day blue screen s non paged etc this ram like my own doesnt like slot 1 and slot 2 slot 3 and 4 seem to be the only ones to get this motherboard up and running when sticks a are in slot 1 or 2 it gives my code 55..

Soldato
OP
well looks like santa needs a kick in the tools this ram just doesnt work with my setup #:( got my old teamgroup ddr 5 4800m back in and ZERO problems ..so wot is the crack and why do only slots on this motherboard 34 working with my ram??>?

Man of Honour
32GB @ 6400 is actually quite demanding on the 12th gen - some CPUs can do it but others you might not even get over ~5600.

Soldato
OP
it was running great for a few hours after that the **** hit the pc rma time going to do a couple of videos for ocuk to see and see what they say i loved the ram with the lights an all but i want stability ..

Back
Top Bottom