Teamgroup ddr 5 6400

Associate
i dont no how to overclock got settings but to ascared to try them in case i wrecked my pc.. im happy enough with this ram i got when i got my new build..
I’d wager that you need either a bit more voltage or to try a lower speed XMP profile.

Try the current RAM at 4800 MT/s with a fixed voltage for the RAM and the SOC.

12th gen struggles with DDR5 because it was the first Intel CPU to support DDR5. 13th and 14th gen were much better with higher capacity and higher speed RAM.

You can get stability, sure, you just need to do a bit of reading around DDR5 to feel more confident using it.

Update your BIOS if you haven’t already, that usually helps with memory stability.

What motherboard do you have?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ive no idea how to update the bios ram has been in since last nite no issues so far hope it stays like that dont want to send it back .if i have any more problems ill contact OCUK and hopefully they have no how to sort it ..

Associate
i have the hero 690 . Dont no how to update the bios
and wouldn't've dare try something like that..
Your board has BIOS Flashback, same as mine.

I always update BIOS by firstly copying renamed BIOS file onto an empty USB stick formatted to FAT32. Then pressing the CLR CMOS button on the rear IO panel, which turns off the computer.

Then switch off the power supply by the PSU switch.

Place the USB stick into the appropriate USB slot on back IO panel.

Turn on power supply by the PSU switch.

Press BIOS button for 10 seconds on the rear IO panel and wait for flashing light to cease.

Switch off by PSU switch and wait 10 secs then switch on PSU switch and continue to boot PC pressing DEL or F2 to enter BIOS to update your settings.

You may have to follow some on-screen instructions.

I've never had any issues doing BIOS updates this way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom