• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Tempted by some cheap GTX460 SLI action? Might want to check this out first before laying down your

Soldato
OP
^^^
The res difference is only likely to account for 2 or 3 FPS.
The single GPU was much much smoother despite being 16 secs slower and having minimums as low as 22FPS, I know which I would rather.

Maybe in-game is different like you say though...

Soldato
OP
Only reason theres a difference in smoothness in those videos - the 2nd guy has a faster HDD setup - that stutter you see isn't due to "microstutter" but data still being paged in.

Stutter due to paging are much more infrequent than the stutters seen in the benchmark, and generally looks like the odd big stutter now and again that is seen in both vids...

If you think SLI stutters like that your off your rocker.

Running the benchmark on my system does produce a choppy feel like that BUT in game os nothing like that.

Like the guy said, it's probably much different in game...

Soldato
OP
Which is what makes me laugh. At no point has ejizz considered that the ram is just to small for that resolution on the 460s. Also ati cards tends to be more efficient with their memory, so once again not a like for like comparison.

no one doubts microstutter exists, but its unrealistic. I do however understand the intention of ejizz which i hope is good, just not understanding the biblical obcession with it.

Biblical obsession? I'l have to bite my tongue on that one, as my patience wears a little thin...

As for the 1gb 460's being Vram limited I seriously, seriously seriously doubt that for various reasons, but like I'v said I'm worn down and have lost patience.

Oh well, ya can't feed Africa

Back
Top Bottom