Tennis

Soldato
Tough test Raducanu now after her win against Kerber yesterday. Noskova has been on form this year of course beat Iga in the Australian Open this year.

Also made short work or Ostapenko who smashed Emma at this tournament (Stuttgart) last year, though 'Penko was woeful this time around.

Winner of this match will face Iga.

EDIT: Winner faces Iga, not Sabalenka. And typically as I post the opposite happens. Raducanu got off to a flying start and Noskova hasn't been at the races at all so far in the match.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Took Swiatek to a tiebreaker in the first set although broken immediately in the second. Impressive again so far.

Edit: Not long back from injury but this version of Raducanu, assuming she doesn’t improve which she will, is good enough for top 10.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep excellent match for Emma considering. Really bodes well for her going forward.

I did think that missed smashed in 2nd game of the first set was going to come back to haunt her, but then Iga missed one too so. Them's the breaks as they say.

Hopefully Emma can stay healthy and keep playing.

Soldato
I’m on the fence with Wimbledon, this is the first season in as long as I can remember where i’ve just not been interested in tennis at all. Started watching/following in high school. It’s just not the same for me without Roger and Rafa. A few family members are the same. I’m curious if the viewing figures reflect this. There will certainly be a drop in sponsorships with Fed/Rafa gone considering they where/are amongst the most marketable sportsman in the world.

Soldato
From given Iga a good match to getting dismissed by a qualifier/lucky loser, Emma was horrendous today.

The studio pundits even saying that was a 'get me off the court forehand' haha. She's not going to get a WC for Rome on this performance. Why would they want her.

She just mentally checked out before the match. She's been complaining of tiredness, yet played less than most players.

Back
Top Bottom