• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
AMD need to be a bit faster with driver releases, this one has taken a while....!

tbf they normally are always right on time.. Like one or two a month.. but now that there Adding new features to the drivers these can take time.. Once released we all be happy with what they added..

We always had people complain that they need to add more features now that they are people still complain cant win can they..

Associate
^
CAP in-between
Dying light is nearly finished for me, the biggest joke is Elite I've been told for months that a driver specific release is coming, Nvidia are releasing one a month.

What's the point of Crossfire without drivers

Soldato
I actually had a dream last night that new drivers came out. That's how badly I want them. When most people have finished a game before the drivers come out, that's too slow. These new features better blow my mind because I would prefer to have regular updates that allow me to use my second gpu than token features. Fingers crossed for adaptive vsync

Soldato
Hmmm.

Was also thinking civilisation beyond earth... But I seem to have misplaced my game. I am sure I activated it, but suddenly can't remember what platform it registered on... And i have looked through origin, uplay and steam, but no luck so far.

Soldato

Works though :D

tbf they normally are always right on time.. Like one or two a month.. but now that there Adding new features to the drivers these can take time.. Once released we all be happy with what they added..

We always had people complain that they need to add more features now that they are people still complain cant win can they..

Adding 'features' that they could have started adding years ago isn't an excuse.... it's just poor however you try to justify it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought (beginning of the week) Far Cry 4 Pc Dvd on the rainforest for £22 del. had a wee go last night @ 4K on high settings, jesus what a great looking game and although I was only on for 30 mins and not a lot happened I was surprised how smooth it was. Luckily I am not a, 'must have 60fps or its rubbish' guy, don't care as long as its smooth. :D

Soldato
At what point in 2016 should I be expecting an Attila: Total War Crossfire driver?

Or is there another Nvidia-esque feature to be copied added first meaning it'll be 2017?

I'm kidding obviously but it's not good when most people have finished a game before crossfire drivers are released for it. Where's the incentive to buy more than 1 AMD card if they don't work in the games that need (or at least can make use of) more than 1 card?

Soldato
Hasn't far cry 4 been out four months?

Yes.

Ubisoft patched in AMD mgpu support 2 months later.

Been a further few more Ubi performance enhancing patches since-game can 'freeze'(not stutter) and carry back on as if nothing ever happened(only on AMD?):eek:

Go Ubi!:p

So, not expecting it to work any better than what can be had now using AFR with no AA.

Associate
At what point in 2016 should I be expecting an Attila: Total War Crossfire driver?

Or is there another Nvidia-esque feature to be copied added first meaning it'll be 2017?

I'm kidding obviously but it's not good when most people have finished a game before crossfire drivers are released for it. Where's the incentive to buy more than 1 AMD card if they don't work in the games that need (or at least can make use of) more than 1 card?

++++++ 1

Back
Top Bottom