• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Leaked Windows 10 driver has the new Frame limiter

With these 15.2 on W10 build 9926:
- Still no VSR
- EDID settings broken when using HDMI (huge mouse cursor, fixable with a modded monitor.inf)
- There's a new framerate limiter in the CCC that doesn't work in the few games I've tested.

EjIryLh.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Leaked Windows 10 driver has the new Frame limiter

With these 15.2 on W10 build 9926:
- Still no VSR
- EDID settings broken when using HDMI (huge mouse cursor, fixable with a modded monitor.inf)
- There's a new framerate limiter in the CCC that doesn't work in the few games I've tested.

EjIryLh.png

Hmmm, interesting. The frame rate thingy.

Is this an option you can set on a per game basis by editing profile, or is it just global?

Caporegime
Find it odd that you need to enable Overdrive for Afterburner to work.

And I would expect that enabling two separate control/OC methods would interfere.

Either figure out how to get afterburner working without enabling overdrive, or just use overdrive, would be my advice.

I know it's odd, it used to be fine without AMD OD on, but since X? it keeps resting the overclock unless AMD OD is on.

It might be time for a reinstal of Windows. its been a year simce the last one.

Can i see your fan control settings in afterburner?

Caporegime
They are Working on added features ecte.... thats why it's taking so long.

Just want to say guys the feedback is appreciated and it is being taken onboard. Of course i can't go into specifics, but as soon as the driver is ready I'll post about it here. I know it's been a while since our last update, but we want it to be as good as it possibly can be.

I would rather they take their time (With-in reason) and get it right.
Rather than rushing them out...

Soldato
the long wait is probably due to either extra vsr resolutions, freesync bit and bobs, frame limiter, trying to add some energy saving code so they can shut up all the nvidia fanboys moaning about 30 watts or whatever, as well as actual updates for games or crossfire updates. so quite a lot really

Caporegime
I installed Win 10 fresh on a separate drive, it seems to run fine, infact i'm getting significantly better Mantle performance in Star Swarm.

(14.12)

Yes, mine ran fine (9926) until the most recent updates were installed.

It might not have been the Windows 10 updated driver, it might have been one of the other updates that got installed, but the problem when I looked at Task Manager seemed to be with an AMD Host process.

Back
Top Bottom