The Apprentice 2024

Soldato
So that explains Pie Man Phil staying in the process despite a terrible track record.

I wanted Flo to win.

Come on northern girl. Might as well support someone from up north like my parents were.

Last edited:
Commissario
Sir Alan wanted 50% of Paul's company. Who does he think he is Peter Jones! :D Turning into dragon's den.

rp2000
He puts in £250,000 for a 50% share of the winning candidates business. That’s normal.

However, the difference here was that he asked for a share of Paul’s existing business whereas Paul was only prepared to share half of the new practise he intended to open.

Paul made the right choice to refuse the offer.

I think SrAl is worth a hell of a lot more than Peter Jones.

Caporegime
He puts in £250,000 for a 50% share of the winning candidates business. That’s normal.

However, the difference here was that he asked for a share of Paul’s existing business whereas Paul was only prepared to share half of the new practise he intended to open.

Yes, this is what I meant. Sometimes on Dragon's Den they come in offering xx percent of a new business/product but the Dragon's make a "cheeky" offer for the entrepreneur's other existing more profitable businesses/product, which is often knocked back as that isn;t what they came for.

I've not looked into it, but you would be surprised how much many of the Dragon's Den and Shark tank bods are worth. Maybe Sir Alan is worth more, but I doubt there's much in it.
Edit: Sunday Times Rich List says you'r wrong, and it's not even that close tbh :D

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely everyone has a locally famous pie shop (or two) and doesn't need mail order ones or is that just us northerners :p

Bit dissapointed by both finalists but good luck to them

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Phil trying to argue his pie delivery idea will work was :confused:. If he had just agreed with Sugar he could have won.

He also proved again he knows nothing about running a business, saying it's not all about making a profit!

Anyway the right person won, whether it was the right business no idea but I hope so.

Caporegime

It was an insulting offer. His existing business makes £450lk per annum and if he repeats its success with the new practice, that will make another £450k per annum. And LS wanted 50% of both for £250k? He would have his investment back in the first year alone. Cheeky bugger. I would have told him to go **** himself.

In Dragon's Den nobody has ever made an offer as bad as that. The only times i have seen 50% (or more normally 49/51) is went the business is brand new, risky and on paper almost worthless in its current state as its so early in its process. To make an offer on a successful business making almost half a million a year was a joke.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea the 2 finalists or businesses did come across as lackluster.

Have to say Phil nailed his pitch.
Though it was bizarre he picked virdi over tray.
It was silly when he said it's not all about the profit.

Props to Rachel though, she was solild throughout.

Soldato
Smart move by Paul to reject the offer, but dumb original business plan. Well, somewhat typical for the show.
Both final contestants had a pretty decent plan going into the final. Altho I expected Phil to have been the preferred option for Lord Sugar.

I always wonder that do any of the contestants watch the show prior to going on it.? Judging by how the buisness plan episode typically plays out, I would doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom