**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
Yep, i had heard that. this is what i did

Fresh install of WMCE2005
Installed ULI intergrated 2.13 drivers (downloaded off their website, not the CD)
rebooted
check the ULI AGP driver was in the system devices
installed the latest Nvidia GPU driver
rebooted

as far as I can make out iv done everything by the book, iv sent off an email to Asrock as well just in case they are aware of it. but they dont give any time scales as to when or if thay will reply. in fact they point you to the place where you bought it to get a answer on their products....

Soldato
after a bit more trawling i found something that may be part of the cause.

when installing WMCE first it starts with CD1 then it asks for CD2 then it asks for SERVICE PACK 2 CD.

I had to extract the SP2 archive on to a cd and then I used this. you have to point it to a few of the files but it seemed to work on my last mobo just fine.

a few poeple on another forum say that the install asking for the SP2 is a bug, and that you have to get it to take the CD1 again. otherwise you will get a corrupt install of WMCE.

anyone ever heard of this

Soldato
right, after uninstalling, reinstalling driers for about an hour its finnally working :)

time to overclock.

bit of a noob at this so i may need a few pointers.

1st of all set the htt to 800 and set that cpu/pci-e/a synch to 100
memory is set to 133 with the rest of the timings on auto

tried 250mhz 1st, booted no problem

then 260, still no problem

then 270 , still great ( loving this chip :cool: )

so now my cpu is happily running at 2.7 gig but my memory is slighlty underperforming

what am I best doing, having the memory set to 166 and the cpu at 2.5 gig of what I have it at now.

my memory is 2 x 1gig corsair 3200 by the way

also i have sod all idea about what to set the memoru timings too. any help would be appriciated

Associate
Anyone getting corruption on the boot drive while overclocking?

Reason I ask is on my old mobo (A8V Deluxe) if you overclocked the cpu even by 200mhz then most of the time you would get the windows is courrupt screen etc

I fancy a little overclock but don't want to go through the whole reinstall windows crap again.

Soldato
Maybe you didnt have your PCI/AGP/PCIE set to asynchronous, if you overclock and let these increase in line with the FSB/HTT it can cause instability and corruption like you mentioned.

Soldato
Uriel said:
Congrats. Now go have some fun! Just don't damage anything...

I have been mate, just trying to get my head round this whole overclocking thing.

so far i have it at 2.74gig with a 133 divider so my memory is only running at 182.7 (its 200 ddr)

cas lat - 2
ras to cas - 3
ras - 3
cycle - 6
bank cycle time - 11
dram idle time - 16

is this ok ?

its passed every test iv hrown at it and is nice and stable. really want to get the memory to run at least at 200 though. but i dont want to back off the CPU speed.

*** only way around it i can see is to try a differant bios without the limiter on. if i can get it 3gig then the memory will be at 200.

any ideas

edit:---- just tried changed the memory to 2 - 3 - 3 - 11 (dont know why so dont ask :) ) and the thing wouldnt boot. guess i should maybe stop tinkering now before i get myself into trouble.

plus the cmos reset is a complete pain to get too. had to take out my 6800GT

Last edited:
Associate
Hi kidloko

If your doing a lot of overclocking try using 3 links (one on each cmos pin) with 3 long bits of fine grade wire pushed through the 'other' sides of them so you can short the appropriate pins without dissasembling your PC everytime?

Applause welcome!!!! :D

Permabanned
kidloco said:
I have been mate, just trying to get my head round this whole overclocking thing.

so far i have it at 2.74gig with a 133 divider so my memory is only running at 182.7 (its 200 ddr)

cas lat - 2
ras to cas - 3
ras - 3
cycle - 6
bank cycle time - 11
dram idle time - 16

is this ok ?

its passed every test iv hrown at it and is nice and stable. really want to get the memory to run at least at 200 though. but i dont want to back off the CPU speed.

*** only way around it i can see is to try a differant bios without the limiter on. if i can get it 3gig then the memory will be at 200.

any ideas

edit:---- just tried changed the memory to 2 - 3 - 3 - 11 (dont know why so dont ask :) ) and the thing wouldnt boot. guess i should maybe stop tinkering now before i get myself into trouble.

plus the cmos reset is a complete pain to get too. had to take out my 6800GT

use A64tweaker to go on the 150 divider

Back
Top Bottom