The Aston Villa Football Club Thread ***No Spoilers***

Associate
OP
1 point gained and we were fortunate to get that one. A win there would have been good, West Ham have been on fire the last few games. Need Spurs to go Spursy and colossally **** up though, I'm not confident in top 4 tbh

Same. Got very lucky yesterday, particularly with the first handball decision though by all accounts we seemed to be pretty dominant in the second half.

Comforting to know that a proper 3 point gap has been installed though. We might have a slightly more difficult run in then Spurs but they've got some disgusting back to back games with Newcastle, City, Arsenal and Liverpool... At least our games against the title contenders are separated by 'winnable' games. I don't fancy them against Chelsea for that game in hand either, it's nearly always an upset for them.

Going to go against the grain and say that we'll get a well fought 3 points from Wolves and secure 15 points through wins alone before the end of the season. We might get a point or better out of the Chelsea game, but not overly hopeful.

I've got Spurs chalked in for 17 points by the same logic (loosing to teams above them with a draw against West Ham and a loss to Chelsea), but if you asked me to put money on either call it'd be pennies. Both of us have the ability to upset a title contender on the day and loose or draw to a team we're favorites against.

Just to be having this conversation is a joy though. What an incredible season.

Soldato
1 point gained and we were fortunate to get that one. A win there would have been good, West Ham have been on fire the last few games. Need Spurs to go Spursy and colossally **** up though, I'm not confident in top 4 tbh
Spurs have got a terrible run-in compared to Villa. Plus can’t beat Fulham!

Associate
OP
That Ramsey out for the rest of the season. I'd say it's a kick in the teeth, but we don't have any left given the amount of players out.

Suppose the good news is that Emery giving him an extensive lie down means he won't be for sale in the Summer. I understand we'll need to balance the books a little, but selling one of the best Academy players we've ever had is NOT the way to do it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ty and Buendia back at Bodymoor Heath kicking a ball about this week! Still very unlikely to be back for anything this season but such good news, especally for Mings. The videos on his Instagram show some serious muscle loss in his right leg. Fingers crossed both can get up to speed ready for next season :)

Think we've a good shout for 4th spot after beating Arsenal Sunday, though knowing us we'll make a real game of it Sunday, come away with a point then bottle it to Chelsea.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaannd there's Moreno out with a knee injury for a few weeks.... at least Him and Digne have coordinated there injuries well this season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom