The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
3D performance.

Trine 2 would not work, it was flickering all over the shop.

Did batman arkham city, very very good 3D performance

The tell is when you die and you get the pure black background and a character taunting you like harlequin or the joker. This high contrast situation doesn't reveal any crosstalk.

Much better than my outgoing Benq XL2420T

very good monitor all round, for now, perfect

Cheers buddy, hopefully its just some driver bug or something on Trine 2 as thats one game I would certainly be playing in 3D, that and Crysis 2 :)

Soldato
Yeh was gutted with trine 2.

Got it to work once in the menu then it went caput: (

Not sure what's going on with it.

I would go so far as to say its likely the best monitor for 3D but I only have expereince of xl2410T and 20T

I would say its cost isn't too bad. Look at other high res 27" monitors and they are £450 right?
So its IPS vs TN but who cares its a fast panel that still has decent colours, white looks really white, black nice and black, build quality is great and has gsync built in.

£550-600 would be nice one day but glad I went for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll try tomraider later and just cause 2.

Also can try metro last light and hard reset.

Grid 2 demo was amazing in 3D on prev monitor so will try that too.

Soldato
For those of you whinging about OCUK's price over it's competitors. Sit back and think about what you're getting and what the competitors don't offer. You get a pixel perfect guarantee.

For someone spending 700 quid on a monitor I feel this is a must, I bought my monitor from a competitor as OCUK didn't have stock at the time,

my monitor has a cluster of dead pixels in the bottom right corner of the screen, they will not take it back as faulty and I now need to DSR it at my own cost.

This is why it's worth the extra at OCUK IMO.

I haz 4090!
Don
*DOUBLE SIGH*

Here is the technicians Test Report:

"no dead pixels - dirt on the screen"

Bright red glowing dirt on the screen - whatever next. I've sent the video that I took across and apparently it's being sent back to me. I shall be very angry if this is the case. :(

OcUK Staff
For those of you whinging about OCUK's price over it's competitors. Sit back and think about what you're getting and what the competitors don't offer. You get a pixel perfect guarantee.

For someone spending 700 quid on a monitor I feel this is a must, I bought my monitor from a competitor as OCUK didn't have stock at the time,

my monitor has a cluster of dead pixels in the bottom right corner of the screen, they will not take it back as faulty and I now need to DSR it at my own cost.

This is why it's worth the extra at OCUK IMO.

Sorry to hear of your miss-fortune Chris. Got plenty of stock here, feel free to drop down and pick one up. :)

OcUK Staff
*DOUBLE SIGH*

Bright red glowing dirt on the screen - whatever next. I've sent the video that I took across and apparently it's being sent back to me. I shall be very angry if this is the case. :(

Is this with OcUK m8?
If so drop me an email and I shall get the RMA manager on this for you!

Soldato
well done gibbo for sorting it, especially so quickly, however he shouldn't have to get involved for an issue to be resolved. I'd say that's my only complaint with ocuk, some staff are outstanding, others, meh and you have to kick up a fuss to get a decent result. One extreme to the other sometimes!

OcUK Staff
well done gibbo for sorting it, especially so quickly, however he shouldn't have to get involved for an issue to be resolved. I'd say that's my only complaint with ocuk, some staff are outstanding, others, meh and you have to kick up a fuss to get a decent result. One extreme to the other sometimes!

Unfortunately it is the same in all companies. But manager who runs that area has being informed to ensure his staff are fully aware of the rules and are putting the customer first. :)

Soldato
Yeah in all fairness that is very true. Frustrating sometimes!

I only ever purchase my stuff from 2 companies and your one of them, rest from past experience have been pretty dire. A particular e buyering company have awful support did a partial refund on a 6 month old stx, took 50 quid for the privalage without me agreeing rather than replace...

Back
Top Bottom