The Callisto Protocol

Permabanned
I'm now using this reshade

I've also turned OFF HDR in the game options as it looks complete ***** in this game, with or without Reshade!

Obviously this game struggles with OLED and HDR. :rolleyes:
That looks awfully dull and muted washed out colours :confused:

Caporegime
That looks awfully dull and muted washed out colours :confused:

Yes but I'm on an OLED which is pretty vibrant in colours anyway. The standard game pushes this further and makes it look extremely vibrant in orange.

This game actually suits more muted colours. As for dull, the sharpen levels have been raised.

Again personal choice, I'm using it, but you don't have to :D

Permabanned
Yes but I'm on an OLED which is pretty vibrant in colours anyway. The standard game pushes this further and makes it look extremely vibrant in orange.

This game actually suits more muted colours. As for dull, the sharpen levels have been raised.

Again personal choice, I'm using it, but you don't have to :D
Yeah I forgot to ask you wether it sort of balances out due to the OLED. I personally thought bar needing the brightness bumped up a tad, that it looks spot on with HDR off on my tv, I personally think they made it deliberately very dark to emphasize the fear factor and tension, forcing you to use the torch to spot things etc. Makes you have to think on your feet faster when something jumps out at you etc etc...
Sharpening I could see would be a nice bonus though.
I totally get why you've chose to use it though.

Soldato
I replayed it recently on PC with a controller via the tv, smashed in out over 2 days on a weekend, was awesome, the DLC really makes it finish nicely. Having only played it on PS4 the first time, it was awesome to do it on PC, used 4K dlss, max settings but RT turned off, I easily hit my capped 60fps limit I use for my 4k60 tv, had zero issues, did up the brightness a bit.

Do the DLC straight after playing it like I did the 2nd time round, IMHO it's the 'real' ending it should have came with, as they did leave that bit in the original ending anyway (wont spoiler anything) so this carries on from that and makes it the game it should have been.

Also did the Dead Space remake before playing this.

I think it's great we got another DS in a different universe, anyone who loves DS can only love this game, and it still feels like it's own thing. Perfectly cast too.

I don't get how you had these issues and I didn't when you have the GPU above mine and a better CPU...

I found the game was hitching when I turned the camera.

Similar performance issues as Jedi Survivor. Juddery!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm now using this reshade

I've also turned OFF HDR in the game options as it looks complete ***** in this game, with or without Reshade!

Obviously this game struggles with OLED and HDR. :rolleyes:

Rtx HDR not any good?

I had a quick play and it looked ok once in prison. Main problem is the raised blacks. They did improve it later on btw, when first released it was really bad.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I found the game was hitching when I turned the camera.

Similar performance issues as Jedi Survivor. Juddery!
That sucks man, mine played flawlessly till one of the last chapters IIRC about 3 quarters of the way or further through, and I had a minor bit of that in a super busy scene, but that was only once, I did get the little micro stutters when opening a door to a massive new area sometimes, but I was used to that with the DS remake, and considering there is now loading screens in this game, I'll allow a micro stutter here and there, plus I got it for £19 with the DLC, so I can't really complain :)

Caporegime
Good news!

I got HDR working correctly...

Turned off the Reshade, went into brightness and adjusted the black/white levels. Then went back into Reshade and enabled ONLY the parts I needed such as Adaptative Sharpness and lowered Vibrance.

Caporegime
I had to stop playing otherwise I'd either have a fit or migraine!

For the most part I had no issue, but there was two points in the early point of the game where the entire scene was flashing lights with every strobe you could just make out a creature appearing. This wasn't the odd flash but almost I'd class it as a strobe effect. I had to put my hand over my eyes

Back
Top Bottom