The Callisto Protocol

Soldato
Go this with my 6900xt bundle, enjoyed dead space 2 but this is just meh, just a carbon copy of dead space but a slightly different setting, nothing new or exciting.

• Wow
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just see up earlier in the thread. Game runs night and day better now after the last patch. CPU optimisation is much better, ray tracing is considerably better, shader stuttering is basically gone.

Have the story and gameplay improved also? I heard it was a bit pants in this department which put me off.

Soldato
I still want to play it but waiting for sale.
Hopefully someone posts on here when it’s up for a tenner :D
Witcher 3 is taking up all free time right now so no rush.

Associate
Tried this game again today after the patch and can’t say I see any improvement still a stuttery mess I’m playing at 4k fsr set to quality, has anyone else tried it lately ?

Associate
Just finished the dlc for this "final transmission" had a few updates since i last played it and seems a lot better now although does still slightly stutter in loading sections.
ending reminded me of the film repomen with jude law with the twist that happens right at the end of the film

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Downloaded the Callisto Protocol Final Transmission DLC. earlier.

About an hour into Final Transmission and so far so good. Playing at 5160x2160 and max settings with RT, without FSR2 enabled it's a bit above 60fps in busy areas and around 75fps in most other areas. With FSR Quality enabled it's on average 90fps in non busy areas and drops to the 70s in busy area with rounds of 65fps ish.

Yeah there are still traversal stutters, you can literally walk up to a locked doorway, turn around to face the current room and see frametime spikes as if it's pre-loaded the stuff behind the door or whatever. It's not as annoying as it was during the game's launch as it's only during these situations it seems.
The CPU usage is still whacky, I'm not seeing healthy multi-core usage, like in an average scene 2 whole P-cores are idle, so that's 4 threads that could be utilised but aren't.

OcmLupo.jpg

^^^ You can play this at 4K with only 8GB VRAM :p I had Firefox open in the BG which was taking up 2GB of VRAM :cry:

Still, I liked the game itself, so was always going to get the DLC!
It's super annoying that they haven't bothered to revamp the menu system, you still have to exist to main menu to change any GFX settings, still no DLSS (although FSR is good in this so this is fine).

Bit of gameplay from the DLC:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom