The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I know Ubi have had some bad press (deserved) - but I thought FC4 was pretty decent at least :)

I am optimistic, but I'm assuming it will only be 60% as good as the videos, so i've managed expectations

Caporegime
Nope because of ubi.

Guaranteed to run like **** and being buggy as ****. Every single UBI game over the last few years stutters away for 70% people, although I think the 30% of people who say they don't have stutter just aren't as sensitive to it....

Shame as the game does look superb.

Permabanned
Ubi know that their reputation is in tatters because of past releases but when you have sheep lining up to buy their sub-par releases every year I don't think that Division will be very optimized from the get go. This isn't just Ubisoft who are releasing games this way but nearly every other publisher. (cd projekt red excluded)

Soldato
OP
I'm really excited about this game but this is most definitely one that worries me. After the poor Launch of BF4, another Watchdogs would totally kill it for me and i'd have no desire to support either company after. Hope they get it right!

Yeah ive said many times myself that it will be there last chance with me :) Hopefully this part of the company knows how to make a game as well as they do a trailer.

Soldato
Yeah ive said many times myself that it will be there last chance with me :) Hopefully this part of the company knows how to make a game as well as they do a trailer.

If it's bad I simply won't buy it! I'll "aquire" for want of a better word ;) I don't really condone this but they've had plenty of time to work on it and make a decent game - if they can't even give us that, they don't deserve our money!

Soldato
I assumed there would be a single player to it as well - if not well then they need to get this 100% if they want my money! I know one sale isn't going to make a difference but with the reputation they have, as above, now tattered, I'm hoping (touchwood) they really really really make this work!

On another note, I've re-watched the trailers and wow oh wow - it's just incredible.

Soldato
OP
I assumed there would be a single player to it as well - if not well then they need to get this 100% if they want my money! I know one sale isn't going to make a difference but with the reputation they have, as above, now tattered, I'm hoping (touchwood) they really really really make this work!

On another note, I've re-watched the trailers and wow oh wow - it's just incredible.

He is correct you can play solo but you have to be connected.

Soldato
Just wait for the reviews and let other people be the early adopters! Don't pre-order, don't "give them one more chance". Wait and see what Ubi delivers, make them prove the product is good before you put down any money for it. Don't be taken for a fool again, don't let your desire for a good game be fuelled by the hype of a few marketing videos and blind you to the sort of sub-par quality Ubisoft turns out again and again.

Last edited:
Associate
Just wait for the reviews and let other people be the early adopters! Don't pre-order, don't "give them one more chance". Wait and see what Ubi delivers, make them prove the product is good before you put down any money for it. Don't be taken for a fool again, don't let your desire for a good game be fuelled by the hype of a few marketing videos and blind you to the sort of sub-par quality Ubisoft turns out again and again.

If 2014 taught us something, it was this.

Caporegime
Yeah. Although i do appreciate there decision to have "delayed" it until 2015. At least they haven't released a utter monstrosity.

only reasons it was delayed is they had many titles to release at same time. also some fixes. in a way its good but just look at the last releases and you just know you in for bad performance and a car crash of bugs.

i honestly dont know how they stay in business

Soldato
OP
Yup! I bet there's loads out there regret buying BF4 & Watchdogs! I'm at least one of them!

I never got bf4 based on how bad i thought bf3 was in comparison to bf2.

I enjoyed watchdogs in general but i was extremely disappointing about the false advertisement that went on surrounding the game. Because of that it was over hyper and under delivered im sure if they didn't advertise it how they did they would have still made a nice bit of cash.

Associate
I'll wait for reviews to see what this is like. Once I ramped settings up in Far Cry 3 I actually enjoyed it but it did take me almost 2 years to complete as I kept losing interest and then going back to it.

This game does look good but I'm thinking it's just going to be the same mechanics as all their previous games eg. where you have to get to the top of a tower before the rest of the map unlocks.

So glad I got Watchdogs and Assassins Creed for free with my mobo and gfx card otherwise I'd be annoyed at paying for such shoddy games.

Soldato
Looks promising but that doesn't mean anything is promised ;)

Also people talk about them failing but the Far Cry series is surely some of their best works?

Associate
Very disturbing. Not sure I will be able to sleep at night, what with the Destiny loot table conspiracy on my mind as well! :p

Well ok, I'm not exactly going to be curled up the fetal position crying myself to sleep over it. :) But it does seem to be a bit of a trend with multi-platform games, I can understand why it annoys people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom