The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have never seen a PC game that has had it's graphics 'downgraded'....not heard of it outside the fevered imaginations of internet conspiracy theorists! Poorly optimised PC versions of multi-platform titles for sure mind.

Soldato
Really?

FC2,3 and 4 are simply awful. Number 1 was by far the best of them all.

I agree far cry 2 was an abortion but 3 was excellent. I'm about half way through 4 and it's pretty much the same game as 3 but seeing as I loved 3, that's no bad thing :p From what I've read, Far cry 3 and 4 were generally well received.

Soldato
Ubi can do one tbh. They'll only 'cashify' the game and have ingame unlocks for a few squids here and there. It'll probably have UI elements ripped out of Farcry and AC too. Never want to purchase a Ubi game until uPlay is done with. Shame because I initially had no issues with uPlay...until I tried to play older AC games and waited...and waited for the game to actually fire up.

Soldato
I must be reading a different article, or you're reading things into that one that aren't there!

If there was some conspiracy to make console versions look better than PC, don't you think they would have just cranked up the visual fidelity on PS4 and XB1 instead of shipping something that just ticked over looking the same as the previous gen versions?

Soldato
I must be reading a different article, or you're reading things into that one that aren't there!

If there was some conspiracy to make console versions look better than PC, don't you think they would have just cranked up the visual fidelity on PS4 and XB1 instead of shipping something that just ticked over looking the same as the previous gen versions?

Or you're missing the glaring obvious... how else do you explain the hidden options on PC which changed the graphics from on-par with console to close to what we saw in the e3 trailer? Its not as simple as "cranking up" the visual fidelity on a console with fixed performance when compared with PCs which were already (at the top end) far in advance, and getting better all the time.

Associate
Can only echo everyone else here really. Looks absolutely stunning. But since its Ubisoft it will have to be damn near perfect for me to buy it :(

Soldato

Here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A6Z3gkXlk

Even with the poor YouTube compression, you can see the original footage has more volumetric light, smoke and higher detail overall (CGI/cinematic feeling), whereas the PC Ultra version is more flat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom