The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Mmmm, interesting information about the SMGs. Even with a re-rolled talent on a pre-existing 204 SMG, so you had Brutal, Deadly, Fierce for example, surely would still be subservient to the new higher level weapons?

As a side note, I've decided that come 1.3 i'll re-roll the parts of my gear with crit damage to crit chance in order to reach cap. The addition of crit damage on the new smg's and a few decent weaon mods should help to bring the lost crit damage back up to a decent level again. In theory..

Soldato
A god roll 229 will be better than a god roll 204

A god roll 204 may be better than an average or poor 229 though, and talents will be easier to activate :)

If 229 guns end with up ridiculous firearms, stam or electronics requirements then 204 may still be a viable build if you can't activate 2 out of the 3 talents on your 229 gun.

Soldato
Maybe this is why they aren't nerfing the current tanktician meta at the moment as they want to see how people get on with the higher damage weapons that could be obtained with GS229?

Will be interesting anyway to see what increases we get

Soldato
Let's see indeed. The 75% armour cap won't change so the increases to toughness in 1.3 won't be quite as dramatic as 1.1 -> 1.2

Tanktician isn't as OP as people are claiming anyway, it's hard killing players when they have exo resilience as your gun is a bit of a peashooter.

Soldato
Let's see indeed. The 75% armour cap won't change so the increases to toughness in 1.3 won't be quite as dramatic as 1.1 -> 1.2

Tanktician isn't as OP as people are claiming anyway, it's hard killing players when they have exo resilience as your gun is a bit of a peashooter.

Yeah exactly. A few DPS players, or even one with good damage and aim can take down a tank - albeit quite a bit longer but it can be done.

With this damage buff, and the increase in damage that will come naturally with 229, technically it will be easier to take down tanks especially if they are shocked.

Does anyone actually run a pure tank build with low electronics and dps?

If so then that is a pure selfish build, but tanktician with high toughness as well as high electronics is beneficial for groups - even rogues on occasion when it comes to immuniser stations etc so it will still remain a solid build for a lot.

Associate
No point rolling 204 weapons though when 229 is round the corner!

Yeah, that's what I've been advocating too :) I was asking who's doing it for the CHC reason out of curiosity ;)

That's part of my questioning, whether I will still use an SMG or if I will move over to AR.

I don't even have an SMG blueprint at 204 lol!

What would you recommend pre patch preparation? Try and get a good AR?

This is what I recommend and will be doing myself come 1.3: do not invest in anything pre-patch because nothing will get bonuses. Come 1.3 I will pick up the best G36 I can get for the talent and armor shred; a PP-19 for the talent and Crit DMG (or another SMG if it's the better weapon); the AA12 auto-shotgun* (I know, named weapons are awful however there won't be regular HE versions and the talent will be wonderful); the best SVD and M700 Carbon I can get and figure out what the best LMG is and grab one of those.

Why all the weapon types? Underground Directives (modifiers)...better carry them all (problem will be finding the appropriate mods).

Why so many new weapons? Because I'd like to try them out and if known weapons are better individuals then I'll happily sport those.

*Remember that a shotgun shoots 8 (I believe) pellets where each single pellet counts as an individual shot; imagine incendiary/explosive ammo even after the nerf...in auto-fire form...with a ~30% DMG increase...

Interesting and positive take on the 1.3 patch. Also quite logical when it comes to DMG being done etc.

1.Weapon talent rolling - a lot of people are excited about this, it is something we've been asking about for a while, but I'm not sure if it has really sunk in how big this will be for DPS. That high dmg roll smg you found that has a trash tier talent is now a god roll SMG. Fair enough I don't know the cost and limits of rerolling, but this could be huge. I have an Mp5 sitting in my stash with a high (for mp5) damage roll and 25.5% CHC but it has determined (sigh), brutal, and fierce, I'm certainly going to reroll determined to deadly/responsive/etc. I also have an MP7 with dominant, deadly, predatory - another great potential re-roll. It will make the guns we have stronger, and make it WAY easier to craft or find a "god roll" because we will be more tolerant of an errant "adept" or other trashy talent.

2.Shotty damage buff - first off, I'm very glad that they haven't rushed to put in a pvp stagger as that would cause far too much frustration before we adapt. Instead they have further increased shotty damage by another 30% or so. This is huge since a well rolled shotgun, especially with sentries call and one-is-none, can absolutely shred already. This might be very helpful in countering tankiness.

3.Higher weapon damage rolls - this one is more speculative if I'm being fair, but I wanted to point out that we don't know the proportional increase in damage on 229 guns from 204, compared to the proportional stamina roll increases on 268 gear vs 240. It is entirely possible that damage will scale up more than tankiness, especially since mitigation isn't moving up. This could easily shift the balance.

4.Skill power caps - the baked in skill power caps, which I think are a sign of poor design, are such that many skills become less useful with every gear increase. Heals cap at 100k, stickies at 250k etc, and skill cooldown also caps. This means that even if health increases, the amount a SP build can heal per second will not change, meanwhile our damage will go up with new guns.

5.New sets - some people might think that reclaimer will be the next worst thing to happen to PvP, but I see it as another counter to the stuff we hate. Easier status effect removal and easier fire bullets on tankticians.

6.Unmoved armor cap - I don't know about you guys, but to get to max mitigation I often end up rolling armor on my chest, holster and knees and or a mod or two. With an unmoved armor cap, if the armor rolls on gear go up, as we would assume they will, it will free up some new DPS increasing options. Suddenly I'll be able to roll the 20% crit damage on my knees again (balancing out the nerfs to striker perhaps).

7.Increased rolls on sources of SP - with holsters likely rolling more electronics, mods rolling more +SP, and the rolls on backpack and mask going up, dps builds stand to gain more than skill builds. Skill builds are already maxed on their skills and aren't getting better, but just like the armor roll changes this will free up some new attributes for DPS. I never roll crit chance on my mask or crit damage on my backpack, or crit chance on my mods, because I like to get to a comfortable 25k or so on my DPS build. This will be easier in 1.3 so I might sacrifice a few of those SP sources to get more DPS. Alternatively, it will mean that I will be healing myself more, pulsing more, etc etc.

8.SMG crit nerf/buff - I recently posted a pretty indepth reply to someone posting about the crit nerf/buff on the math behind it all and how it generally is a nerf... But for those running with a team where someone has a maxed pulse - it is certainly a buff. Maxed pulse gives 40% CHC so you only need to bring 20% to the table to get maxed. That means that currently a lot of people are overshooting it a fair bit, even if none of your gear has CHC, you have over 20% on your SMG. After the patch you will get weapons with +CHD, sure this is far worse if you aren't capped, but if you can hit that 60% you will be hitting harder than ever before. If you thought deadly added a lot to your DPS, this will be like having a second deadly. Yes yes I realize we don't all have buddies with a support build... but isn't it about time we started developing team compositions...

9.Team compositions - with all the new gear sets, there are lots of new ways to mix and match, it isn't just 3/2/1, tanktician, and the occasional 4set pred or 4set sentry with shotty. This could give new variety that the DZ sorely needs. Which two set bonus will you add to your 4 set? maybe 100% pulse CHD? or will you keep 2 set FM? or maybe you want to try out that 3set bonus that gives 100% faster reload speed on your mp7 with ROF clip that drains in a second... there are more options.

10.If all else fails...and the dz implodes... at least we will have the underground, a new cleaner incursion, two new story missions added to the end game rotation with CM and Heroic mode to try out until the next patch.

I especially like the bit about the higher GS gear items might bring about higher armour, which in turn will allow people to not need to roll attributes towards that, freeing up DPS increasing areas.

Where did you find this quote? - curiosity is all.

2. Stagger should be in PvP as well; it's not more annoying than a sticky to the head, special ammo in the back and what not. The same for armor shred. I'm exited to find out what they'll do with these two in the future.

4. Skill Power should scale with every other increase, I agree.

6., 7. I hadn't thought of that and it's a wonderful train of thought! I feel one should always have such set pieces that unmodded he/she should reach the mitigation cap. I am liking the thought of being able to increase DPS due to the freed up space that comes with higher armor on higher GS pieces.

8. "...but isn't it about time we started developing team compositions..." This is something I've bene thinking about myself as well; the game's a lot of potential for fully utilizing this, however we hardly do because we run with mixed groups all the time. Some have multiple character builds, which certainly helps towards this. Also for PvP this could be useful instead of all 4 running around separately rather than working as a team and making use of each build - ah I went on to read 9. now ha ha! I agree and suggest it will be equally helpful in PvE as well.

=================

That leaves me with one rhetorical question; what will I run starting Tuesday until I can do 268 4 pcs B.L.I.N.D. & 2 pcs Final Measure/Sentry's(?) with the imminent nerf which I fear, will drop my DPS so low I'll tear up...

Caporegime
Great info there Gamble, thanks for the share!!

I wonder if one of you guys can answer a question for me at all? What it is, with my Aug as it stands I have a 43.5% CHC and 130% CHD which I'm finding is pretty good (even though I think the cap on CHD is 100%?). Now, I love my AR as it's got a stability talent and great to handle, but it currently has a 94% CHD yet a CHC of 0%. Does this mean that I literally have no chance of using that 94% of CHD on my AR?

I've obviously skewed my build towards my Aug with a 4 piece Strikers and a 2 piece Pred Mark as it gives me that little range boost and is great for medium and short range targets :)

Thanks in advance

Si

Soldato
Yeah, that's what I've been advocating too :) I was asking who's doing it for the CHC reason out of curiosity ;)

This is what I recommend and will be doing myself come 1.3: do not invest in anything pre-patch because nothing will get bonuses. Come 1.3 I will pick up the best G36 I can get for the talent and armor shred; a PP-19 for the talent and Crit DMG (or another SMG if it's the better weapon); the AA12 auto-shotgun* (I know, named weapons are awful however there won't be regular HE versions and the talent will be wonderful); the best SVD and M700 Carbon I can get and figure out what the best LMG is and grab one of those.

Why all the weapon types? Underground Directives (modifiers)...better carry them all (problem will be finding the appropriate mods).

Why so many new weapons? Because I'd like to try them out and if known weapons are better individuals then I'll happily sport those.

*Remember that a shotgun shoots 8 (I believe) pellets where each single pellet counts as an individual shot; imagine incendiary/explosive ammo even after the nerf...in auto-fire form...with a ~30% DMG increase...

Where did you find this quote? - curiosity is all.

2. Stagger should be in PvP as well; it's not more annoying than a sticky to the head, special ammo in the back and what not. The same for armor shred. I'm exited to find out what they'll do with these two in the future.

4. Skill Power should scale with every other increase, I agree.

6., 7. I hadn't thought of that and it's a wonderful train of thought! I feel one should always have such set pieces that unmodded he/she should reach the mitigation cap. I am liking the thought of being able to increase DPS due to the freed up space that comes with higher armor on higher GS pieces.

8. "...but isn't it about time we started developing team compositions..." This is something I've bene thinking about myself as well; the game's a lot of potential for fully utilizing this, however we hardly do because we run with mixed groups all the time. Some have multiple character builds, which certainly helps towards this. Also for PvP this could be useful instead of all 4 running around separately rather than working as a team and making use of each build - ah I went on to read 9. now ha ha! I agree and suggest it will be equally helpful in PvE as well.

=================

That leaves me with one rhetorical question; what will I run starting Tuesday until I can do 268 4 pcs B.L.I.N.D. & 2 pcs Final Measure/Sentry's(?) with the imminent nerf which I fear, will drop my DPS so low I'll tear up...

Just a random post on reddit that I thought was a very nice view on 1.3 :)

The point about the armour is a very very important one and one which I hope is correct. Will open up a lot more different options for calibration which I am quite excited to explore. I cant count the amount of times I have had a very nice holster, with a mod slot, but with low armour and the only way to increase that armour was to remove the mod slot making the piece, fairly pointless after that.

Based on the GS increase and the linear increase in baseline statistics going up as the GS goes up (for good rolls) currently, I think we can safely assume this will continue resulting in point 6 and 7 being true.

1.3 is controversial on some levels, but on others it is a fantastic step in the right direction, its just a pity the whole player base wont see it like this.

However, the OCUK community has prompted some interesting discussions surrounding this so I can see the majority of us sticking around post 1.3. I most definitely will, at least until all the year 1 DLC is out :)

Jedi - you are correct. All that lovely Crit Damage is wasted on the AR unfortunately due to 0%

Last edited:
Permabanned
True Twirly, but feels harsh to exclude people just because they have no mic.

The multiple groups in one channel thing doesn't happen much, there's usually a spare room as the player base has declined a lot since launch.

I didn't say exclude people who have no mic, but having one does help massively if you come across competitive clans who just exist to go rogue.

The group sizes are only small (4) so having one person without a mic is fine but it gets a bit ridiculous when half or more don't. Thankfully competitive clans seem to have fallen in number but you still get groups exploiting by running as 2 rogue groups (5-8), therefore it helps to communicate it asap when you realize what is going on.

They really need to fix that and it's my biggest gripe with DZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom