*** The Division Thread 2.0 ***

Man of Honour
Noticed this last night it could just be a latency issue.

It is a bit broken - I just face tanked, while the other 3 guys were chilling on the reclaimer support station, the entire wave + contamination somewhere around wave 30 with my 9K Striker (without support station) and was rarely in any danger - they were shooting at me but there just wasn't the intensity it usually has.

Associate
reinstalled this as i got into it again after playing div2 beta.. not played since last stand so quite a bit has changed..

any tips on builds etc for solo pve stuff?

Man of Honour
D3-FNC, Striker and "bomberman" Tactician builds are the goto PVE setups currently.

Personally I like to use a hybrid Tactician build with turret and support station but it is pretty squishy if you mess up.

Man of Honour
LOL - played a few missions fine then jumped to Amherst legendary and as soon as another player joined my skill objects were acting like they were base level and my damage and health the same, etc. meh frustrating how the game can have such random bugs like that.

Associate
I've recently started playing this game as I saw the Gold Edition pop up for £7.50. I've exclusively been plating co-op with my partner. I think we've played for around 10 hours, completed 38% of the main story and are level 11.

So far we are loving the co-op aspect of this and as we are sitting side by side we can plan what we are going to do very easily. I've gone for an Assault Rifle/Marksman Rifle loadout and she has gone for a LMG/Assault Rifle loadout. Both of us are using the Medical Station and the Active Sensor turret. We tend to get into a decent position, lay down turrets and then pour fire on the enemy. She normally advances while I provide sniper cover. Seems to work really well and we've not had too much trouble progressing. She is new to gaming in general so has left the skills/abilities/upgrades entirely up to me. What I have noticed is that enemies are now starting to feel more bullet sponge like. I am wondering if we are not set up correctly or if that is just how the game is?

Soldato
I've recently started playing this game as I saw the Gold Edition pop up for £7.50. I've exclusively been plating co-op with my partner. I think we've played for around 10 hours, completed 38% of the main story and are level 11.

So far we are loving the co-op aspect of this and as we are sitting side by side we can plan what we are going to do very easily. I've gone for an Assault Rifle/Marksman Rifle loadout and she has gone for a LMG/Assault Rifle loadout. Both of us are using the Medical Station and the Active Sensor turret. We tend to get into a decent position, lay down turrets and then pour fire on the enemy. She normally advances while I provide sniper cover. Seems to work really well and we've not had too much trouble progressing. She is new to gaming in general so has left the skills/abilities/upgrades entirely up to me. What I have noticed is that enemies are now starting to feel more bullet sponge like. I am wondering if we are not set up correctly or if that is just how the game is?
If you need a hand with anything I'll be free tonight as not upto much, I play if is eed209

Man of Honour
I am wondering if we are not set up correctly or if that is just how the game is?

As you progress some enemy do become a bit bullet sponge like - however the tankier ones mostly have weak points that can be used to take them out faster - not sure if you've picked up on the weak point system yet or not.

EDIT: You will also need to start using the bonuses from performance mods and armour, etc. at around that point to start applying more damage i.e. turret damage bonuses, etc.

Man of Honour
Also Crit damage is king (Not crit chance), even if adding a mod to your weapon turns the damage numbers red.

Bit of an odd one that as at lower levels in PVE it is quite important and for PVP but for higher level PVE EAD (Enemy Armour Damage) and to a degree DtE (Damage to Elites) is more important.

I tend to bias towards CHC though as many of my setups have procs for it that are more useful than the outright damage increase from CHD.

Man of Honour
Playing this game makes me despair for the future of humanity - I know we all have to start somewhere and learning the ropes in a game as complex as this can take time, etc. as well as there will be a lot of younger people playing... but so many players are as thick as two short planks :( and that is being generous. Zero situational/tactical awareness, zero ability to learn from their mistakes ingame, zero ability to learn from other players even when there isn't a language barrier.

Man of Honour
At the expense of posting 3x in a row - was just testing an idea with Lone Star and changed out one of my Striker loadouts to do it - 3x Lone Star, 2x Striker plus Ninja bag fitted and was still getting the healing effect of 6 piece Striker stacks! without the icons but the health bumping up nearly a bar per tick - game is so buggy at times.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sucks you can't really jump into higher end content with people who've played a long time if you start now (until you've gone through the levelling up and world tier process).

Still for all the flaws it is a great game and an experience I definitely enjoyed the first time - just a shame they won't go back and make it the game it could have been.

Caporegime
Sucks you can't really jump into higher end content with people who've played a long time if you start now (until you've gone through the levelling up and world tier process).

Still for all the flaws it is a great game and an experience I definitely enjoyed the first time - just a shame they won't go back and make it the game it could have been.
Some of the story is really good though!

Back
Top Bottom