Poll: The EU Referendum: What Will You Vote? (New Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
But the press don't support the "multicultural EUtopia" so why would they cover it up? Your logic is flawed.

As we get closer to a referendum, I fully expect that more and more of the press (even the Daily Fail) will suddenly start applauding Cameron's renegotiation and campaign for a Remain vote.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
As we get closer to a referendum, I fully expect that more and more of the press (even the Daily Fail) will suddenly start applauding Cameron's renegotiation and campaign for a Remain vote.

But they don't at the moment so why would they cover it up? It is flawed logic.

Caporegime
But they don't at the moment so why would they cover it up? It is flawed logic.

I think there's a very real danger that a riot could start in Crewe as tensions are running high. It wouldn't surprise me if the police had warned them to be careful what they report about the incident - hence why only the Express and the Mirror from the MSM have picked it up.

Soldato
But the press don't support the "multicultural EUtopia" so why would they cover it up? Your logic is flawed.

Rotherham has nothing to do with the EU, Pakistan isn't part of the EU.

In his warped logic homogeneous cultures have no such problems as violent hate crime, child abuse and corruption, no doubt; he also makes the flawed link between extremist justification of crime, culture of crime and crime and culture. All of this without digging deeper into the nature of community breakdown and failed integration where it occurs, and the causes of crime. Again, 'simple answers to hard questions' is par for the course.

He might also be keen on the DM line of connecting high reporting or more robust recording of a certain types of crime with a high incidence of that crime in the community and the country at large, which again is a leap too far that ignores the actual statistics.

Hence the adopted stance of 'high quality' immigrants with better 'morals' vs 'the rest' however 'the rest' is defined. The definitions tend to follow the tabloid headlines, so I've given up trying to keep track. Though it rarely occurs to them to treat people as individuals responsible for their actions, and few ever touch on the questions of funding and running of community services, unless it's a big charity scandal or at least something that looks like one at face value.

Soldato
I think there's a very real danger that a riot could start in Crewe as tensions are running high. It wouldn't surprise me if the police had warned them to be careful what they report about the incident - hence why only the Express and the Mirror from the MSM have picked it up.

So, apart from your gut feeling....you have nothing to back up your claim of a cover up, gotcha

Or, here's a radical thought, a playground fight wasn't deemed newsworthy enough by the rest of the MSM apart from a couple of gutter rags that have little else to report and fancied putting a spin on the story to make it more inflammatory.

Soldato

If you believe an event is newsworthy, why don't you tip the press of? Surely if there's substance to what you're saying, they'll run the story via all available avenues? Sites, broadsheets, tabloids, you know -- the lot.

Soldato
Obviously to my part discussed in your quote... That's why I said police and press cover up. If it was not the case why did the PC I spoke to just remain quiet? She knew there was a cover up and couldn't rebuff this.

I dunno, maybe she was sat there thinking who is this looney I've got on the phone jabbering on about 20 men storming a school and hospitalising the teachers and why are the police and press covering up the story...

When it didn't happen :p

Soldato
You'll find conspiracies grow with each retelling. Soon it will be an army of people from Calais, being dropped off by a publicly funded helicopter to assault a primary school and run amok in an undisclosed location up North. :p You have to be on the 'inside' to know 'the truth', like a bad episode of X-Files.

Caporegime
So, apart from your gut feeling....you have nothing to back up your claim of a cover up, gotcha

Or, here's a radical thought, a playground fight wasn't deemed newsworthy enough by the rest of the MSM apart from a couple of gutter rags that have little else to report and fancied putting a spin on the story to make it more inflammatory.

Where did I claim there was a cover up? Some of the MSM have covered it, others haven't. I'd like to think that widespread classroom disruption and teachers being attacked by pupils was newsworthy, otherwise what does that say about our society?

Soldato
Where did I claim there was a cover up?

Because you are directly responding to a discussion about whether this incident was covered up or not, and you quoted RDMs post with those words in it :confused:

You might not have stated those words, but you are certainly appearing to be backing the other POV to RDMs

Some of the MSM have covered it, others haven't. I'd like to think that widespread classroom disruption and teachers being attacked by pupils was newsworthy, otherwise what does that say about our society?

Or back in the real world there was a playground fight between a few students and a teacher got slightly injured while trying to break it up, not quite the 'teacher being attacked by pupils' you are trying to portray....so, no hardly worthy of national news.

Soldato
You'll find conspiracies grow with each retelling. Soon it will be an army of people from Calais, being dropped off by a publicly funded helicopter to assault a primary school and run amok in an undisclosed location up North. :p You have to be on the 'inside' to know 'the truth', like a bad episode of X-Files.

:D

Caporegime
Because you are directly responding to a discussion about whether this incident was covered up or not, and you quoted RDMs post with those words in it :confused:

You might not have stated those words, but you are certainly appearing to be backing the other POV to RDMs

RDM was asking why the media might do this? I was providing a possible reason - it sounds perfectly reasonable to me that the police should be able to exert "soft pressure" on the media when tensions are running high. Sooner or later the truth needs to come out though.

Or back in the real world there was a playground fight between a few students and a teacher got slightly injured while trying to break it up, not quite the 'teacher being attacked by pupils' you are trying to portray....so, no hardly worthy of national news.

If that was true, why then did the Express, Mirror and Breitbart run with the story? Why are you so keen to play this incident down?

Associate
Just popped over to the student room to get their angle, as most of them are students and are more likely to swing to the left.

I wasn't disappointed. Here we have people arguing over in or out. Over there is a small pocket argue whether we should actually be having a vote!

The point is, the British public deserve their say on their Country.

Soldato
"The Prime Minister has been denounced as a “chicken” today by the UK Independence Party after cancelling a scheduled meeting with the party’s leader Nigel Farage."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/02/15/chicken-cameron-cancels-eu-meeting-with-ukips-farage/

I always knew he was a gutless fool.

Getting Hollande on board is a tad more important, wouldn't you say? Nige will have his hearing in the Exit campaign, provided he isn't considered a liability to their camp by the time it gets going proper.

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom