• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
During bootup can definitely hear some high pitched whine, but during normal ops - silent as a mouse. Just gonna get some benching done and test them out properly :p

During boot up you have fans spin up at full rpm, until drivers are loaded and they sort the speed. Mine sound like a jet engine until I load an OS ;)

Associate
:eek:

20150807_172826.jpg

Testing.
20150807_154604.jpg

and shes bloody fine, only got a slight whine, but i can hardly hear it, just sounds normal for the pump going, and its nowhere near as loud as the one i got from here, im well happy!

:D:D:D

result :) nice

Soldato
During boot up you have fans spin up at full rpm, until drivers are loaded and they sort the speed. Mine sound like a jet engine until I load an OS ;)

Yup, pretty sure that's what it is. The moment Windows loads the whining stops, and under load you can hear a slight high pitch noise - but it's very likely just the sound the fans make for some strange reason -- it's kind of a high pitch whirring rather than the screech I expected from bad pumps.

Associate
It is a curse having had a bad one cause I find myself constantly listening for it to whine....plus it seems louder after use...but I can't tell if I am just more conscious of it. Had a strange issue last night. After gaming for a while I came off and was sat on desktop, then it just got gradually louder and louder. For no reason at all it slowly ramped up to 100% fan speed. Was weird loaded up an and could control it there but it as soon as I shut ab it went right back up again. Turned off PC and start again and it worked fine. Weird.

Plus my r5 is so good at blocking sound that I am really not sure if this one is actually much more quiet. Certainly not as whiney though

Caporegime
You sure it's not the kettle boiling? :D

Could be with not using an AIO before as well, so don't know what they are supposed to sound like, i guess there would be noise from the pump going, so its just probably that, its definitely not as loud as the other one though. :p

I'll tell you what it sounds like tbh, an old VHS video recorder, when you are either watching/recording something :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Could be with not using an AIO before as well, so don't know what they are supposed to sound like, i guess there would be noise from the pump going, so its just probably that, its definitely not as loud as the other one though. :p

I'll tell you what it sunds like tbh, an old VHS video recorder, when you are either watching/recording something :D

Pumps on AIO's are generally nice and quiet with a slight hum.

As for the VHS tape....It could be worse and could sound like a Spectrum tape loading :eek: :D

Soldato

I'll tell you what it sunds like tbh, an old VHS video recorder, when you are either watching/recording something :D

Sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVl37RoL_8Y

Caporegime
Pumps on AIO's are generally nice and quiet with a slight hum.

As for the VHS tape....It could be worse and could sound like a Spectrum tape loading :eek: :D

:D

I can hear the hum, as well as a slight whine, still nowhere near a loud as the other one, and if i turn away from my case, so its behind me, i can't hear it at all, just the hum, its just my case is down on the floor, next to me, left hand side, so my left ear is pointing towards it.

I tell you whats louder, the capacitor whine whem im getting 200+ fps a second in menus :D

Haha no :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom