• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime

Yeah i can hear that, as well as the whine, but when the coil whine starts, i can't hear the whine, and when the pump fan picks up, and i switch my bottom 140mm case fan on, i can barely hear the whine, its just when im sitting here with no other sound on, apart from 2x big 200mm case fans going, i can hear it, but still, not too bad, nothing like the other one.

I'll see what its like over the weekend, after im used to it more, ive bedded in to it :p

Associate
Yeah i can hear that, as well as the whine, but when the coil whine starts, i can't hear the whine, and when the pump fan picks up, and i switch my bottom 140mm case fan on, i can barely hear the whine, its just when im sitting here with no other sound on, apart from 2x big 200mm case fans going, i can hear it, but still, not too bad, nothing like the other one.

I'll see what its like over the weekend, after im used to it more, ive bedded in to it :p

Yeah! This is my pet hate with this card. Noisy while idle! I really want one but can't stand the noise when under low load.. Wish it was more like the R9 Fury Tri-X Cooler: Allowing the card to run totally silent idling. For now I'm going to wait, see what develops. I really want a Fury x but if this whine doesn't get sorted I will probably purchase a Sapphire R9 FURY Tri-X as they seem to be pretty silent while at desktop..

Last edited:
Associate

Have you got any means to record what your hearing? Would love to hear it..

Last edited:
Soldato
3D Mark 11 :-

3_D11_FX.jpg

Anyone get a like a waah waah echoy sound from their rad. :p

Hahaha. With a single Fury X you get the same score as me :D I get 16700 with a pair of Fury X, my Graphics score is hugely higher it's my combined + physics scores that suck -- put it down to my 2500k =(

But Firestrike Ultra, I dare say my score should be significantly higher?
L1EJXAE.jpg GTcAsvQ.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Here is the sound mine makes with the older whining card go compare.
https://youtu.be/K3LEKs71soU whining card.

https://youtu.be/NQ--PjAONBw. Newer card.

As you can see the newer card is far from silent but the recording does emphasise it a but more than in real life. That being said I am considering returning it as when I come to sell it the noise will be an issue as I won't be able to honestly say it is quiet. Might ask for a refund and wait for a month or so and try again. Those of you with 'quiet' cards...is the second video normal?? Never had a hybrid card before.

Caporegime
Have you got any means to record what your hearing? Would love to hear it..

Could probably record it on my phone, but how would i get it up here, i don't use YT or anything, so guess i could i just up the video file to be downloaded (any good free hosts i could use for that if so) ?

Also, anyone know why GTA V is rubbish on this thing, i really don't understand it, my 290 has the same amount of memory, using the same settings, same drivers, and its butter smooth, but on this, its stuttering, hitching, totally unplayable.

When i start and come out of my house (beginning of the game, as not started playing it proper yet), i get in the car, then belt down the long road over the rail crossing, and its stuttering like buggery, its like its loading in, as when i turn around, and just belt back the way ive came, its a lot smoother, and its like that every new part i go to, and if i just spin around while sitting in the car (use pad for driving), the first spin or so is stuttering like buggery, then its a constant smooth, my 290s totally smooth straight off, and it also crashes down from 60s/70s to like 41/43, before shooting straight back up again every now and again, which my 290 never done, it stayed around 50s/60s.

It also reads the memory wrong in the menu, says ive got 8384410mb, where my 290 reads correctly at 4096mb, im just baffled, as tried other games, and they run great, its just this one single game, GTA V, it just can't run it well, this is on Win7 64bit btw, not interested in 10 yet.

Also in AB, the memory graph, the line is running along the very top, and its mostly all greeny yellow, just the odd dash of blue every now and again, on my 290, it was nigh on all blue, and only around the middle, just above of the graph.

Was the same on the other card i had, but as soon as i whipped it out, and popped my 290 back in, it was straight back to running superb.:confused:

Here is the sound mine makes with the older whining card go compare.
https://youtu.be/K3LEKs71soU whining card.

https://youtu.be/NQ--PjAONBw. Newer card.

As you can see the newer card is far from silent but the recording does emphasise it a but more than in real life. That being said I am considering returning it as when I come to sell it the noise will be an issue as I won't be able to honestly say it is quiet. Might ask for a refund and wait for a month or so and try again. Those of you with 'quiet' cards...is the second video normal?? Never had a hybrid card before.

Just listened to those, mine sounds like your first vid, whiny card, your newer sounds better, seems to be more hiss than whine, and thats where your just about right up against it, so i don't know what it'd be like for me, with the side back on, and down on the floor, one like that could be ok for me, just don't know.

Trouble is, ive never used an AIO before, so i don't know whats normal, and whats not, so does anyone know of any vids of these, or done any, of the old whiny pump, vs the newer fixed no whiny one, what they are supposed to sound like ?

Last edited:
Associate
Thing is I think I have been spoilt with aio. My antec h2o 920 was silent no pump noise at all. Not sure if the norm is louder or if it is something to complain about. The first one could be heard across the room with the case side on. This one can be heard about 1-2m away but isn't so obvious. Just a bit worried about when I come to sell it.

Caporegime
Thing is I think I have been spoilt with aio. My antec h2o 920 was silent no pump noise at all. Not sure if the norm is louder or if it is something to complain about. The first one could be heard across the room with the case side on. This one can be heard about 1-2m away but isn't so obvious. Just a bit worried about when I come to sell it.

This ones not as loud as the other one, and i can hear it with the side on (as sides got like a mesh at the bottom, where the FX is sitting, and the tops pretty open as well, as is the bottom front, got a NZXT Phantom 820), so its not fully sealed.

Caporegime
managed to get a vid on my phone, 31mb, any free hosts i can up it for downing, simple to use, no faffing on with registering or owt ?

Have to put volume up to hear it better, as got the old like static noise, but once you do that, can clearly hear the whining.

EDIT: Filedropper works, as just tried it myself :)

http://www.filedropper.com/fxwhine

Last edited:
Associate
managed to get a vid on my phone, 31mb, any free hosts i can up it for downing, simple to use, no faffing on with registering or owt ?

Have to put volume up to hear it better, as got the old like static noise, but once you do that, can clearly hear the whining.

EDIT: Filedropper works, as just tried it myself :)

http://www.filedropper.com/fxwhine

Cheers for uploading ;) Yeap! Can hear it dude.
So whats your plans? Going to see if you get used to it over the weekend?

Back
Top Bottom