• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
I'm not really sure how they can say that when amd themselves have stated it shouldn't be in the retail cards. :confused:

Can any of the amd reps comment on this seeing as amd have already said it was an issue with review boards and shouldn't be in the retail boards?

Yeah that would also be nice AMDMatt can you add anything to this?

This FURYX am not sure if I should be buying it now based on all this.. Such a shame because this GPU is perfect for me.

Soldato
I'm not really sure how they can say that when amd themselves have stated it shouldn't be in the retail cards. :confused:

Can any of the amd reps comment on this seeing as amd have already said it was an issue with review boards and shouldn't be in the retail boards?

its also a subjective thing with noise which is really difficult to deal with, I listen to that video and I am like, what noise? AIO solutions are not perfect but if I buy a 700 euro card I wouldnt want it to have flaws as its just unacceptable.
still people buy 980ti reference and it is both loud and hot so again noise is relative.

Is it a cause for concern?
I dont think so as if you get one your not happy with you should have a replacement until you have one that works for you.

I still buy the fury 2 as I custom cool anyhow

Caporegime
gibbo said it will happen with all of them because they are all the same and nothing has been changed for the retail ones, looks like im keeping it then, monitor adapter cable is here tomorrow so il try it out with 120hz

For the whine ?, if thats the case, then id return it for a refund (if you don't want another card), as they are supposed to have been changed for retail, according to AMD.

Last edited:
Caporegime
gibbo said it will happen with all of them because they are all the same and nothing has been changed for the retail ones, looks like im keeping it then, monitor adapter cable is here tomorrow so il try it out with 120hz

According to matt his 4 aren't doing it, also seen some people on youtube with no issues.

Soldato
For the whine ?, if thats the case, then id return it for a refund (if you don't want another card), as AMD have flat out lied according to Gibbo.

That's not good, if people are unhappy with pump noise surely they should be able to return it.

PC Space is really starting to erk me, the whole 970 thing etc. I hope AMD sort this out, more disappointment in the company's.

I would love it if Samsung made GPU's, until that day stuck between a rock and a hard place lol.

According to matt his 4 aren't doing it, also seen some people on youtube with no issues.

Yeah mine is ok. but that's not the point if somebody is unhappy they should be able to return it imho.

The other side of it is GPU's do make noise even with low speed fan etc. The pump has a sound (They all do) but it is no way annoying. I much prefer this over the whooshing sound my Titan X would make.

Ah well, I'm happy with my Fury X. This will serve well until we get a die shrink..

Last edited:
Associate
This RMA BS is one of the main reasons I try to buy as much as possible from a certain competitor, they will let you RMA pretty much anything within 30 days for a full refund for literally any reason as long as you haven't damaged it and still have the original box.

Caporegime
That's not good, if people are unhappy with pump noise surely they should be able to return it.

PC Space is really starting to erk me, the whole 970 thing etc. I hope AMD sort this out, more disappointment in the company's.

I would love it if Samsung made GPU's, until that day stuck between a rock and a hard place lol.

Yeah mine is ok. but that's not the point if somebody is unhappy they should be able to return it imho.

The other side of it is GPU's do make noise even with low speed fan etc. The pump has a sound (They all do) but it is no way annoying. I much prefer this over the whooshing sound my Titan X would make.

Ah well, I'm happy with my Fury X. This will serve well until we get a die shrink..

If mine do it they're going back under dsr, the whine in some vids would really get on my ****.

With the radeon

without

And that's somehow not an issue according to the support service?

Associate
This RMA BS is one of the main reasons I try to buy as much as possible from a certain competitor, they will let you RMA pretty much anything within 30 days for a full refund for literally any reason as long as you haven't damaged it and still have the original box.

Plus free postage back to them. I'd be happy for them to not pay any tax when they deliver such good customer service tbh!

Soldato
Mine will be here tomorrow but won't be happy if it has whine. 2-10 shifts, so not going to be able to do much testing for a few days :(

Yeah and that's fair enough. If the noise irritates you should be able to return it.

Grrrrr the simplicity of console gaming gets ever more appealing.

Saying that my PS4 is way louder than my PC. Don't get loads of PS4 owners sending them back, saying it's to noisy haha. When things use power and output heat they tend to make noises. Even my subwoofer makes a noise. I can hear my fridge. Doesn't mean I would send it back.

I can see both sides of this, but end of the day customer is right. If someone is unhappy when they receive a product should be able to return it. OCUK were awesome with the 970 thing. No doubt they will help people out with this as well.

But honestly the Fury X I have here seems fine (Gibbo said they are all the same?). Way quieter than other cards I have used. I think mine is ok, for those who got dodgy ones I am sympathetic.

Back
Top Bottom